Mossberg 935

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
littleposerfish

Mossberg 935

Post by littleposerfish »

I'm looking into buying a Mossberg 935 for turkey hunting. Anyone use it? Pros, cons?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Mossberg 935

Post by OLE RASPY »

I use one. All pros for me. No cons. I love it.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I'd rate them as fair. Some of the prices on them would get you into a higher quality gun, but some of them go for cheap enough, too. If you want a relatively soft shooter for use with lead shells, and don't hunt turkeys like it is your job, it's not a bad choice.

I wore one out. The trigger group with elevator will get loose and stop feeding. Mossberg will send you a replacement if you bug them. They know it is a design issue. Most people, I guess, don't use theirs enough to wear it out. Mine made it through several duck and turkey seasons of heavy use.

I know of another that patterned very poorly with several different loads and a couple different chokes. The which surprised me, because mine was easy to get going. That barrel usually is a slam dunk to get good patterns from.

You might want to look up or3gun for upgrades.
cmbostc

Post by cmbostc »

I've had mine for about ten years or so. No complaints, just keep it clean and operational and it works just fine.
Chris Brumfiel Turkey Calls
Gobble, Gobble... "BOOM"!

Check us out on Facebook at Chris Brumfiel, Turkey Calls and More or on our Facebook group page, Full Strut.

Our new website is chrisbrumfielturkeycallsandmor.godaddysites.com

Return to “Gun Talk”