Hinge point lube?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
coconut

Hinge point lube?

Post by coconut »

What do you fellers use on the hinge point of break action guns? I have some anti seize or some tractor lube in the tool box. Either of these work?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Hinge point lube?

Post by Hoobilly »

I wouldn’t want to use anything that would latch onto dust. The FP10 I use has less dust and junk than other gun oils I have used. And I remember SloppySnood writing and showing a video that it doesn’t cause friction like a lot of other oils.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I use white lithium grease.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: May 29th, 2018, 4:40 pm I wouldn’t want to use anything that would latch onto dust. The FP10 I use seems to latch onto dust and junk less than other gun oils I have used. And I remember SloppySnood righting and showing a video that it doesn’t cause friction like a lot of other oils.
I need to correct you, sloppy recommends weapon shield, George fennel whom originally made for 10 left and than created weapon shield. Your slipping Brice get your facts straight lol
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: May 29th, 2018, 6:22 pm
hoobilly wrote: May 29th, 2018, 4:40 pm I wouldn’t want to use anything that would latch onto dust. The FP10 I use seems to latch onto dust and junk less than other gun oils I have used. And I remember SloppySnood righting and showing a video that it doesn’t cause friction like a lot of other oils.
I need to correct you, sloppy recommends weapon shield, George fennel whom originally made for 10 left and than created weapon shield. Your slipping Brice get your facts straight lol
LOL my bottle of FP10 says weapon shield on it? I gotta go check :LMAO:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

I use Shooter's Choice gun grease on hinge pins. Comes in a syringe looking container.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I have a tub of white lithium grease that wouldn't be exhausted on every hinge pin in this and two other forums. Gil

Return to “Gun Talk”