Franchi Affinity 3 or SBE2????

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hunt4spurs87

Post by Hunt4spurs87 »

Good afternoon everyone I’m in the the Market for a new shotgun, I’ve done as much research as I feel I can without going crazy. Both guns look extremely similar and owning an older Franchi 612vs I know the Franchi is one hell of a gun. Is the benelli really worth 1k more does anyone have any experience with the Franchi Affinity mostly used for Turkey hunting so being able to withstand the beating of turkey loads is a must. Looking for any input
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Franchi Affinity 3 or SBE2????

Post by Hoobilly »

I have owned several SBE’s over the years. Really love them

But I wouldn’t pay top price for any gun. I have always found them cheaper. If you can buy one used go for it. If you want to save money go for the Franchi.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

I have a Franchi Affinity just not the "3"
I'm a Benelli fan but just can't justify the price difference.

Keep in mind that semi auto's limit you on loads that can be shot (meaning shell length vs feed problems/ejection problems). Personally I'd buy a pump or double.
jryser

Post by jryser »

SBE II only if your heart is set in it; I wanted an SBE II but settled on a different gun until I got the SBE II. Gave it to a dear friend who also loved it. Gave me en excuse to get another one when the right one came along. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10gaugemag

Post by 10gaugemag »

Of the 2 I prefer the Franchi. All operating parts are in the forearm of the Franchi vs. the recoil spring being in the buttstock of the Benelli where if you hunt in the rain or the gun takes a dunk you need to remove the buttpad and stock to dry everything out.
10gaugemag

Post by 10gaugemag »

Jstocks wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 9:41 pm I have a Franchi Affinity just not the "3"

Keep in mind that semi auto's limit you on loads that can be shot (meaning shell length vs feed problems/ejection problems). Personally I'd buy a pump or double.
Haven't seen this with any of the modern autos.

I have owned several Browning Golds, Winchester Super X2, 11-87 Super Mags, Benelli M-1 and M-2s with no hiccups shooting everything from 1 oz. field loads to 3" or 3 1/2" magnums. Keep the gun clean and pretty much oil free and they run like a top.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Jstocks wrote: May 22nd, 2018, 9:41 pm I have a Franchi Affinity just not the "3"

I would say in the M2 20ga that is a correct statement when using a roll crimped 3” shell that hasn’t been trimmed down.
And using the factory spring in the 20ga. I will be upgrading to the Wolf spring that Vaturkey told me to get.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

One of my SBE2’s, in bottomland, might be for sale. ;)
With that being said, if I was wanting a turkey only gun, I probably wouldn’t spend the money on a SBE. But they are great guns. I love mine.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

10gaugemag wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 7:43 am

I have owned several Browning Golds, Winchester Super X2, 11-87 Super Mags, Benelli M-1 and M-2s with no hiccups shooting everything from 1 oz. field loads to 3" or 3 1/2" magnums. Keep the gun clean and pretty much oil free and they run like a top.
As stated in other responses, if you roll crimp, the Italian autos are picky regarding length of untrimmed 3" hulls in the 20 gauge models. Not sure about the 12 gauge models.
10gaugemag

Post by 10gaugemag »

Jstocks wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 11:27 am
10gaugemag wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 7:43 am

As stated in other responses, if you roll crimp, the Italian autos are picky regarding length of untrimmed 3" hulls in the 20 gauge models. Not sure about the 12 gauge models.
👍
Hadn't seen the responses about the roll crimp. Buddy did make a statement about trimming 3" 20 gauge loads for his M-2.

Return to “Gun Talk”