New Turkey Gun

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hook Daddy

New Turkey Gun

Post by Hook Daddy »

Hey guys, I see a lot of familiar names from the NWTF forum before it was shut down. My handle was undertaker, anyway. I recently had a SBE2 12ga given to me from my ailing father. the gun is all black not sure if I will camo dip yet, it has a lot of sentimental value to me. But I was wondering the best options on pistol grip or thumbhole stock other than the one Benelli makes, barrel length (may buy a shorter one) choke tube Crio (Indian Creek .665), and red dot (Aimpoint), or holographic red dot (BFF3 or Vortex Venom) and mounts. It is already tapped for mounts. This year I shot 3.5 federal heavyweight TSS # 7 through my Benelli Super Nova 12ga Indian Creek .665, I absolutely won't ever go back to standard loads, I want to start loading my own TSS as well but I can get to that in a later post. I would put a red dot on my Nova but I want something lighter its pretty heavy.
Hook Daddy

Re: New Turkey Gun

Post by Hook Daddy »

I also would like to know how hard red dots are to make accurate at longer distances, I don't plan on shooting much further than 40-45 yards but I want to be able to if need be, mostly field hunting where I'm from.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Welcome to GobblerNation!
I was Skiebuster then switched to Hoobilly on the NWTF forum. I remember Undertaker on the defunct forum. Your gonna fit in well here. I loved the SBE steady grip. I bought mine in black as the tactical one and slapped on my SBE. I also cut it down to fit me better. Subsequently I had a break in and 6 guns stolen. After I had it dipped etc
As far as loading your own, be sure to get with me or go straight to Tommy Duliba aka Shooter for info on loads and tss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Red dots that are dead on at 40 pretty much gold dead on to 60 from what I have read what others have stated.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
TrumpetMan

Post by TrumpetMan »

I was Preacher on the old Forum. If you do your sightin work at 40 as stated above you should be good to go. I aim for where the skin meets feathers and at further distances the top of the head
"I'd really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" - Tom Kelly :struttin:
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Welcome!!! I have a SBE2. With 2oz of TSS 8s out of an Indian creek665 it is devastating with Tommy's blue thunder load. The only problem I have is I'm in love with my 20ga so the 12 hasn't been in the woods in 3 years.
chipper

Post by chipper »

Turkinator wrote: May 20th, 2018, 6:07 pm Welcome!!! I have a SBE2. With 2oz of TSS 8s out of an Indian creek665 it is devastating with Tommy's blue thunder load. The only problem I have is I'm in love with my 20ga so the 12 hasn't been in the woods in 3 years.
Same here! I really like the Aimpoint Mico H2 I put on my 20 gauge.
Hook Daddy

Post by Hook Daddy »

Thanks for all the advise guys.

Return to “Gun Talk”