[Update-talk about Customer service] Options to replace Dura finish

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
SwampDrummin

[Update-talk about Customer service] Options to replace Dura finish

Post by SwampDrummin »

I bought a winchester sx3 12 gauge longbeard and it came with a camo coat of dura finish. The coating is anything but durable as the name seems to imply. After 3 seasons the front of the barrrel and forearm are rubbing off and becoming increasingly white. Can I dip the gun to get a harder finish or am I just screwed. I can not believe Winchester would sell a product like this.

[update] Winchester/Browning is awesome. I sent my gun back in for a durafinish repair and a couple other minor issues. One of the parts was on backorder for a month plus and even though I got the gun to them at the end of December the gunsmith was unsure whether I would get it back before the beginning of my turkey season, March 15th. The customer service rep called me back and asked if it was ok if they just sent me a brand new gun(with the finish they replaced durafinish with).

😁😁😁😁😁😁No problem hereπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Last edited by SwampDrummin on February 11th, 2019, 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Options to replace Dura finish

Post by el diablo »

My Browning Gold does the same thing, real sticky too.
If you have it dipped they will strip off that stuff and then dip.
Should be good to go!
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

Another option is to call Winchester customer service and explain your situation, they may offer to replace the affected parts.
I have a used Browning Gold with dura camo finish that someone previously used gun oil or something on the dura finish which made it extremely sticky.
I got a deal on the gun so I bought it then called Browning and they sent me a new stock and forearm free of charge.
taylorjones20

Post by taylorjones20 »

If anyone finds a way to remove the dura crap - let me know!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

If I remember correctly, Browning Winchester have major problems with that crap. Tarhunt was doing the work to fix for them, but they got so bad they switched to Camo-Solutions
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Thanks everyone,i’ll contact customer service to see if they will help me out. Sometimes you get jaded and think they’re gonna just blow you off. Post an update when I hear something.
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Should have just called Winchester to begin with. A three minute phone call and they are sending me a shipping label to have it shipped back to be sanded and refinished with a new type of finish. They're also going to check on an issue i've been having with cycling. Just amazes me to see a company making it right.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

SwampDrummin wrote: ↑May 29th, 2018, 3:46 pm Should have just called Winchester to begin with. A three minute phone call and they are sending me a shipping label to have it shipped back to be sanded and refinished with a new type of finish. They're also going to check on an issue i've been having with cycling. Just amazes me to see a company making it right.
Most awesome. Keep us updated on how it turns out
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

Good deal :thumbup:
BumbleFoot

Post by BumbleFoot »

SwampDrummin wrote: ↑May 29th, 2018, 3:46 pm Should have just called Winchester to begin with. A three minute phone call and they are sending me a shipping label to have it shipped back to be sanded and refinished with a new type of finish. They're also going to check on an issue i've been having with cycling. Just amazes me to see a company making it right.
I hope the shipping label didn’t read β€œArnold, MO.” If it did, your heirs might see it. You probably won’t.
SwampDrummin

Re: [Update-talk about Customer service] Options to replace Dura finish

Post by SwampDrummin »

[update] Winchester/Browning is awesome. I sent my gun back in for a durafinish repair and a couple other minor issues. One of the parts was on backorder for a month plus and even though I got the gun to them at the end of December the gunsmith was unsure whether I would get it back before the beginning of my turkey season, March 15th. The customer service rep called me back and asked if it was ok if they just sent me a brand new gun(with the finish they replaced durafinish with).

😁😁😁😁😁😁No problem hereπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
SwampDrummin

Re: [Update-talk about Customer service] Options to replace Dura finish

Post by SwampDrummin »

Still just tickled to death. Rep who talked to me said they were all hunters there and turkey guns were getting the emphasis with the seasons approaching, wanted to make sure I was taken care of.

I bought the gun 3/4 years ago, really above and beyond IMO.

Return to β€œGun Talk”