FastFire II

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
culprit58

FastFire II

Post by culprit58 »

Anybody else on here ever had any problems wit their fastfire II's? Ive got 2 that seem to have lost the clarity/crispness of the dot. Almost like a starburst pattern.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: FastFire II

Post by howl »

Are they clean? Had your eyes checked back when they were fine and now that they're not?
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Make sure there is no dust, pollen, or gun oil on the emitter. Take a Q-tip with alcohol on it, and rub lightly where the red dot come out of the emitter, and dry with the other end of the Q-tip.
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Reloader »

Mine are all starburst, but it's my eyes. I place a tiny piece of electrical tape over the daylight sensor to where the edge of the tape is not completely covering the sensor. This allows me to slide the small square of tape as needed to adjust the brightness of the dot, which brings back a nice round dot for my eyes. I've been doing this trick for years and it works great.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Close each eye and view through the open eye. Good way to rule out eyes being the issue. I've developed slight astigmatism in my right eye which blobs the dot a little, but not enough to make a difference. I hope. Gil

Return to “Gun Talk”