Suppressor host

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Suppressor host

Post by howl »

These 14" barrel shot pistol things look like they might be semi-handy. We just need a way to get a choked turkey load to pattern through a suppressor. I don't see how that works, but I bet it won't be long.
https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/tac14-sbl/
870_M4-Left_5330-ghosted60-web.jpg
okiefowler

Re: Suppressor host

Post by okiefowler »

Those salvo 12 supressors are awsome. Had a guy duck hunt with us this year with one on his m1 super 90 w/ 21" barrel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

okiefowler wrote: April 5th, 2018, 3:14 pm Those salvo 12 supressors are awsome. Had a guy duck hunt with us this year with one on his m1 super 90 w/ 21" barrel.

And tell us more! How much of a difference etc?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
okiefowler

Post by okiefowler »

It's just like any other suppressor. Doesn't make it sound like a 22 shooting subsonic loads but it knocks the bite out of it. Had a modified choke in it, and didn't seem to affect much of pattern as he knocked birds out of the sky as well as the rest of us. He said recoil felt less but I couldn't tell the difference compared to my gun (m1 super 90 as well) He was shooting Kent 3" 1 1/4 #3 steel like I was.
Pretty sure there's a vid on YouTube of some guy hunting with a salvo.

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Those are supersonic, right? TSS could be loaded subsonic and still kill gobblers like regular. Website looks like the choketube goes in like regular and the suppressor mounts on the choke. Federal 2oz lead Flite Control might work out of the full choke they have if the advertised 1150fps is reduced to subsonic by the short barrel. I have no idea.
Attachments
chokekit-1_1024x1024.jpg
okiefowler

Post by okiefowler »

howl wrote:Those are supersonic, right? TSS could be loaded subsonic and still kill gobblers like regular. Website looks like the choketube goes in like regular and the suppressor mounts on the choke. Federal 2oz lead Flite Control might work out of the full choke they have if the advertised 1150fps is reduced to subsonic by the short barrel. I have no idea.
Would work in theory, but I don't have a lot if suppressor experience.

Most of our duck loads are 1450 fps to 1600 fps.

Return to “Gun Talk”