Burris FF3 windage adjustment question

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Burris FF3 windage adjustment question

Post by Southern Sportsman »

I just mounted a FF3 on my primary turkey gun and shot it this morning. I adjusted the windage first just by eyeballing it so that the dot was in line with the bead. I shot it and needed to move the elevation up, but when I turned the elevation screw, the dot did not move. I turned it all the way and nothing changed. While looking through the sight, I moved the windage screw slightly and the dot "jumped" down, basically accounting for my earlier turns of the elevation screw. After that I was able to adjust them both and everything seems to be fine. But now I'm curious whether this was just an odd glitch that hopefully does not repeat itself, or is there some locking function of which I am not aware?

On the Fastfire II, there are set screws that have to be loosed before adjusting the windage and elevation. If you don't loosen the set screws, turning the adjustment screws does not move the dot. The set screws "lock" the windage and elevantion into place. I bought my FF2 used and - since I didn't read any instructions - it took me a few minutes to figure out the set screws. I was trying to figure out if the FF3 had some comparable method of "locking" the adjustments. I re-read the user guide for the FF3, and it includes this language:

"The windage adjustment mechanism has limit stops at both ends. Screwing either adjustment into a stop will lock motion of the other adjustment."

So my question is: What are they talking about when they say: "Screwing either adjustment into a stop will lock motion of the other adjustment."

Thanks.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Burris FF3 windage adjustment question

Post by GLS »

Technical support at Burris is outstanding. Give them a call. I spoke with a tech yesterday. Gil
Shellwaster

Re: Burris FF3 windage adjustment question

Post by Shellwaster »

I think it means if you bottom out one adjustment screw, the other screw screw will not move.

Return to “Gun Talk”