only 1 gun to turkey hunt with

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: only 1 gun to turkey hunt with

Post by redarrow »

BumbleFoot wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 7:41 pm Well...if I’m limited to only one, then make it a punt gun.
Dang Bumblefoot,I reckon it would cost upwards of a thousand dollars per load of TSS for that thing. But then again you could probably take out a truckload of gobblers with one shot.
I gotta go with my Benelli Nova in 20 ga.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
chipper

Post by chipper »

21" 870 20 gauge shooting 1.625 oz. Of #9 , if I can't have that my SX3 with shooters blue thunder load with #9's.
Spurhunter

Post by Spurhunter »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 5:27 pm
paboxcall wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 5:20 pm This. 12 gauge H&R, factory dipped, with a .660 JH choke and front/rear fiber optic sight added by Sumtoy. If I could change one thing about it, I should've asked Sumtoy to take 3 or 4 inches off the barrel.

My first turkey gun was the same one you carry, H&R with Bottomland camo. Great gun, but is punishing to pattern, especially shooting 3.5" magnum shells!! Killed a lot of turkeys with it.

I now shoot a Remington 870 super mag w/sure shot stock and Kicks choke tube.
Harrington's Hunting & Outdoor Products LLC

Preserving Hunting Memories for a Lifetime

View my products at:
http://www.Etsy.com - HarringtonOutdoor's

http://www.Ebay.com - Gobblergetter

NWTF Member
NRA Member
highball

Post by highball »

Remington 870 3 inch 26" barrel
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

Spur - I bought this gun brand new about 20 years ago, and sold it after patterning it with just four rounds of 3.5" - I literally was black and blue down my arm and across my chest. I never considered shooting 3" until after I replaced it with a pump, and regretted selling it ever since. This particular gun pictured popped up on gunbroker.com few years back and I hit the buy now button. I will only shoot 3" through it, and it is a joy to carry in the big woods. Glad I found another one. Patterning this gun with 3" is tolerable. 3.5" is ridiculous and unnecessary! :blackeye:
Spurhunter wrote: April 13th, 2018, 7:08 pm
ICDEDTURKES wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 5:27 pm
paboxcall wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 5:20 pm This. 12 gauge H&R, factory dipped, with a .660 JH choke and front/rear fiber optic sight added by Sumtoy. If I could change one thing about it, I should've asked Sumtoy to take 3 or 4 inches off the barrel.

My first turkey gun was the same one you carry, H&R with Bottomland camo. Great gun, but is punishing to pattern, especially shooting 3.5" magnum shells!! Killed a lot of turkeys with it.

I now shoot a Remington 870 super mag w/sure shot stock and Kicks choke tube.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
jryser

only 1 gun to turkey hunt with

Post by jryser »

1967 Browning Auto 5 magnum twenty with Miroku barrel, Trulock choke. Heaven. And my 1962 Sweet 16 with Miroku barrel and Trulock choke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by jryser on April 13th, 2018, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

SP10 Winchester 3.5 #4s"THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR THE DISPLACEMENT" Only reason I shoot 3.5 inch is they don't make 4".. Their is no gun/shell combo that packs more POWER!!!

I watch y'all shooting these lil pea shooters with rat shot better delegated to rabbits and squirrels and not big game like turkey.

I'm beginning to think y'all are a bunch of pansies, I'm 160 soaking wet and can take the recoil of the 10 gauge.
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: April 18th, 2018, 11:30 am SP10 Winchester 3.5 #4s"THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR THE DISPLACEMENT" Only reason I shoot 3.5 inch is they don't make 4".. Their is no gun/shell combo that packs more POWER!!!

I watch y'all shooting these lil pea shooters with rat shot better delegated to rabbits and squirrels and not big game like turkey.

I'm beginning to think y'all are a bunch of pansies, I'm 160 soaking wet and can take the recoil of the 10 gauge.
I shot a browning invector 10ga with a 28 inch barrel for a few years. im also 160 and didn't mind the recoil. it was, however, a mofo to carry.
El Sicario

Return to “Gun Talk”