Benelli 20ga.

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Lerwin

Benelli 20ga.

Post by Lerwin »

I’m in the process of buying a 20 gauge to turkey hunt with. I’m a left hand shooter so the options are pretty slim. The best option I came across is the benelli m2 20ga. But I would want to put a pistol grip stock on it. I see where you can get a pistol grip stock for the 12ga. Can you buy one for the m2 or will the 12ga pistol grip stock benelli offers fit on the 20ga. And if you have any more recommendations on a 20 gauge gun I have open ears
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Benelli 20ga.

Post by Hoobilly »

Lerwin wrote:I’m in the process of buying a 20 gauge to turkey hunt with. I’m a left hand shooter so the options are pretty slim. The best option I came across is the benelli m2 20ga. But I would want to put a pistol grip stock on it. I see where you can get a pistol grip stock for the 12ga. Can you buy one for the m2 or will the 12ga pistol grip stock benelli offers fit on the 20ga. And if you have any more recommendations on a 20 gauge gun I have open ears
The stock can be fitted by doing some work to it. A few have done it and they look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Greenheadrocker

Post by Greenheadrocker »

I'm not sure about the m2 but I know the m1 12ga pistol grip fits the 20ga m1 just fine.
huntin

Post by huntin »

Pretty easy to modify the 12ga stock to 20ga. Look at this thread. viewtopic.php?t=15736#p166204
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

So-called LH automatics are backwards. Having the port on the right side is easier to use. Swapping the safety on an A400 around to the correct side is quick and easy. An old Browning B-80 Upland special would be right nice, too. Same deal.

I prefer break actions for turkeys. I have only wanted a third shell once. I was trying to clean up an act of turkey fever induced idiocy. You can probably find a Browning Cynergy Feather 26" if you look around. That's the lightest for a brand with a reputation of quality. Barrel regulation is an unlikely issue and Browning has no warranty.

My 20ga is a Yildiz O/U with SumToy choke and Federal Heavyweights. Works fine shooting just the bead. They'll fix the barrel regulation if it is off within a three year warranty. The full size Yildiz is a hair over six pounds. The youth version is under six pounds.
IMG_20180129_151430550_HDR.jpg
Lerwin

Post by Lerwin »

I appreciate all the info
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

This will be my 3rd season with the M2. 555 Indian creek. Burris FF3. I put a Wolff spring in mine. I couldn't recommend it too highly, you will love it
14107_2.jpeg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Turkinator wrote: March 4th, 2018, 7:48 am This will be my 3rd season with the M2. 555 Indian creek. Burris FF3. I put a Wolff spring in mine. I couldn't recommend it too highly, you will love it14107_2.jpeg
That’s what I keep forgetting about! VaHunter keeps telling me to get a Wolf spring
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

The Wolff spring slams the bolt shut like an old A5 Browning!
Bird Buster

Post by Bird Buster »

I actually just went through this and bought the steady grip from macks pw for $115 and fit right on but there is about 1/8 of an inch over hang around the receiver but I hand sanded for about a hour and took the edge off and doesn’t look bad at all, I don’t have any pictures of it it’s gettung dipped right now
taylorjones20

Post by taylorjones20 »

Does the Wolff spring cause any ill effects using light loads?
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

taylorjones20 wrote: March 9th, 2018, 12:18 pm Does the Wolff spring cause any ill effects using light loads?
Might not eject 7/8 oz skeet loads.

Return to “Gun Talk”