Pure Gold chokes- Awesome company!

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
VALongbeard

Pure Gold chokes- Awesome company!

Post by VALongbeard »

I have been on a search for a turkey choke for my Remington 870 28 gauge for quite some time now. Something that is reasonable in price as well, as most companies want 100 to 125 dollars per choke.

I had been searching websites and stumbled onto the Pure Gold website showing that they offered sporting clays versions of Remington 28 gauge chokes. So I called them and spoke with Julie. I asked her about custom making a turkey choke for me for the 28 gauge and could it be done? I was expecting her to say no, but she quickly said, we can do that. I then asked her about price. I was expecting the normal 120 bucks. She said we can do it for the same price as the sporting clay chokes, it will just take us a couple of months to make and have it black oxide coated.

I was ecstatic to say the least. I just wanted to say thank you to them. I know their chokes don't seem to be as popular as they once were, but they do make a fine product, and have great service and a money back guarantee to boot.

I ended up buying 6 chokes from them. I bought 2 chokes for my 20 gauge, 2 chokes for my 12 gauge, and 2 chokes for my 28 gauge. All remingtons.

.570 ported and .570 tempest nonported
.696 ported and .696 tempest nonported- this should do great with my TSS buckshot loads.
.530 ported and .530 tempest nonported- just waiting on these to come home right now.

If you guys are interested in chokes for your guns, don't overlook these guys, their products and service are second to none in my book. And I've dealt with just about all the choke tube manufacturers. There are some very good choke manufacturers out there, and Pure Gold is one of them and at the top of my list.
Attachments
0302018194520.jpg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pure Gold chokes- Awesome company!

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I really like bill and pure gold, he used to be active on the boards and I'd call him sometimes with a question and we'd bs. Always nice. At the convention great guy.

Bill always emphasized even patterns, not extreme core density. But when "how many you put in x circle started" he lost interest, I guess. Plus his real business got busy if I remember right. My 555 was a monster with both old hevi 6 and Nitro 7s, great choke.

I bought and returned both a 555 and 570 tempest no problems as my gun did not like them, such is patterning.

With TSS and core density not being an issue pure gold is one to try.
britton40

Post by britton40 »

I have used Pure Gold chokes for a long time in both wing shooting and turkey hunting. My M1 20 ga loves the 570 with Hals Big 20XL load. Great products.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I bought one years ago and shot it out of my Beretta Xtrema. Shot lead through it at 180+ in the 10.

However that was the last one I bought. Couldn’t get past him bellyaching about if you wanted win still target shoots , buy their choke. If you wanted to kill turkeys buy his..
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
kythunter

Post by kythunter »

They are good chokes.
I have a Pure Gold ported .660 that I use on 3" 12ga and it throws a mean TSS pattern.
I'd like to see what a ported .555 does with #9's.
Last edited by kythunter on January 31st, 2018, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: January 31st, 2018, 10:08 am I bought one years ago and shot it out of my Beretta Xtrema. Shot lead through it at 180+ in the 10.

However that was the last one I bought. Couldn’t get past him bellyaching about if you wanted win still target shoots , buy their choke. If you wanted to kill turkeys buy his..
Ya gotta admit them were the days pure gold gang against injun Creek gang.

Shoot ammos gotten so good between longbeard and TSS. You can buy a 20 doller undertaker and be fine at reasonable ranges.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: January 31st, 2018, 10:16 am]
Ya gotta admit them were the days pure gold gang against injun Creek gang.

Shoot ammos gotten so good between longbeard and TSS. You can buy a 20 doller undertaker and be fine at reasonable ranges.
Tss is pretty versatile. You can load it so many ways and just about any choke that’s basically full patterns well
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Gun Talk”