sight mounting ?

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: sight mounting ?

Post by Hoobilly »

NBK wrote:Im looking to put a FF3 or Votex Venom sight on my SBE1. What mounts do you recommend?
I would use the Sumtoy mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
SnoodisGood

Post by SnoodisGood »

This is what I used to mount my FF III on my SBE II, but it will also work on your SBE I. It comes with 2 pieces, but you only need to use the rear piece.

http://warnescopemounts.com/product/m894870m/
SnoodisGood

Post by SnoodisGood »

Unless you're wanting to use a saddle mount, I would think you're going to have to get it drilled and tapped to accept mounts such as Warne's or Sumtoy's.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Personally I like the Burris Speed Bead mount, no drilling and tapping and your FF III sits low enough you can sight down your rib and use the bead if you need to. I'm not sure but I think they make one for the SBE II.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

NBK wrote: December 18th, 2017, 10:48 pm
turkeyinstrut wrote: December 18th, 2017, 7:53 pm Personally I like the Burris Speed Bead mount, no drilling and tapping and your FF III sits low enough you can sight down your rib and use the bead if you need to. I'm not sure but I think they make one for the SBE II.
but I was told they don't hold up well with a mag load out of a shotgun
They may not with a 3" or 3.5" 12 ga. but I don't know why they wouldn't, I have the Speed Bead mount on my M2 20 ga, my TriStar Viper G2 28 ga. and my daughters Affinity 20 ga. and they have all held up great and I wouldn't hesitate to put one on my Super Mag but I will never carry it in the turkey woods again. :D

Return to “Gun Talk”