Federal BOR Lock bullets..

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Post Reply
User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5300
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by hoobilly » December 7th, 2017, 8:06 pm

Absolutely sucked! out of 10 bullets only 2 hit the 3" circle at 50 yards. Trying to dial them in and they would float all over the place.
I think by the way they seat, if you dont have it exactly 100% perfect every time, they wont group. No one has time for that!
I want to pour the powder and seat the bullet snug and hunt.

I grabbed the Barnes 245 grain bullets and in 3 shots had them where I needed them to be.

Cant wait to get back in the stand Saturday morning for our 2 week smokepoler season

VALongbeard
Posts: 207
Joined: April 22nd, 2012, 2:19 pm

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by VALongbeard » December 7th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Hard to beat them Barnes bullets in a smokepole.

Good luck with them brother!

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5300
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by hoobilly » December 7th, 2017, 8:53 pm

VALongbeard wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 8:21 pm
Hard to beat them Barnes bullets in a smokepole.

Good luck with them brother!
Yessir and thank ya!

2Shooter
Posts: 895
Joined: January 6th, 2016, 9:18 pm
Location: North Georgia

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by 2Shooter » December 7th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Hey Brice, have you tried the Thor Bullets? Basically a full bore Barnes ML Bullet. They got there technology from Barnes, and suppose to load a lot easier!!! I've got some ordered, and should be here any day now. I will keep you posted when I get them.
7FB62A11-7919-4C8C-B06D-9C35A8B62985.jpeg
Last edited by 2Shooter on December 8th, 2017, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5300
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by hoobilly » December 7th, 2017, 11:26 pm

2Shooter wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 10:30 pm
Hey Brice, have you tried the Thor Bullets? Basically a full bore Barnes ML Bullet. They got there technology from Barnes, and suppose to load a lot easier!!! I've got some ordered, and should be here any day now. I will keep you posted, when I get them.7FB62A11-7919-4C8C-B06D-9C35A8B62985.jpeg
No I have not

Be sure to keep me posted on how those shoot!

User avatar
Sloppy_Snood
Posts: 510
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Location: Midwest
Contact:

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by Sloppy_Snood » December 8th, 2017, 11:29 am

Are you really surprised that another Federal ammunition component sucked? Why even waste the money Hoo'?

Heck, even "It's Only Money Mike" won't buy that Federal garbage.
.
"If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude."- General Colin Powell, Ret.

User avatar
Sloppy_Snood
Posts: 510
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Location: Midwest
Contact:

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by Sloppy_Snood » December 8th, 2017, 11:30 am

... quit di_king around... get some Parker Ballistic Extremes or Pittman AeroMax or AccuMax bullets and be done with it already
.
"If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude."- General Colin Powell, Ret.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5300
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by hoobilly » December 8th, 2017, 11:54 am

As much as I muzzleloader Hunt I don’t feel the need to shoot 400 yards. But out to 300 I like to shoot

User avatar
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1556
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Location: some where in pa

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by devastator » December 8th, 2017, 3:42 pm

LOLOLL you guys crack me up,i switched to the barnes expanders in the "fake"smokepole last year and they do shoot lights out!
Image

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5300
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by hoobilly » December 8th, 2017, 9:03 pm

devastator wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 3:42 pm
LOLOLL you guys crack me up,i switched to the barnes expanders in the "fake"smokepole last year and they do shoot lights out!
😂

I seen a buck picture with you in it.. roadkill?

:LMAO: :LMAO: :violent3:

2Shooter
Posts: 895
Joined: January 6th, 2016, 9:18 pm
Location: North Georgia

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by 2Shooter » December 9th, 2017, 5:36 am

hoobilly wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 9:03 pm
devastator wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 3:42 pm
LOLOLL you guys crack me up,i switched to the barnes expanders in the "fake"smokepole last year and they do shoot lights out!
😂

I seen a buck picture with you in it.. roadkill?

:LMAO: :LMAO: :violent3:
OUCH!! Dang Brice, don't be so rough big boy!!! :lol: :lol:

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5300
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Federal BOR Lock bullets..

Post by hoobilly » December 9th, 2017, 1:33 pm

2Shooter wrote:
December 9th, 2017, 5:36 am
hoobilly wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 9:03 pm
devastator wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 3:42 pm
LOLOLL you guys crack me up,i switched to the barnes expanders in the "fake"smokepole last year and they do shoot lights out!
😂

I seen a buck picture with you in it.. roadkill?

:LMAO: :LMAO: :violent3:
OUCH!! Dang Brice, don't be so rough big boy!!! :lol: :lol:
He killed a nice buck
hope he posts pictures on here and tells us about the hunt

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests