M2 Trigger Upgrade

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
DBLGBL

M2 Trigger Upgrade

Post by DBLGBL »

Mine needs some major work. What and who has worked for you?

Thanks in advance
2Gbl
Ozark Ridge Runner

Re: M2 Trigger Upgrade

Post by Ozark Ridge Runner »

You have my attention. I'm interested too.
crenshawco

Post by crenshawco »

I'd be pretty pissed to pay for an M2 and it has a shoddy trigger. Have y'all checked Timney to see if they have a kit? Their 870 fix is great
Last edited by crenshawco on August 13th, 2017, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
uvagobbler

Post by uvagobbler »

I had my m2 trigger worked by Rob Roberts (Gobbler Guns) a few years ago. He charged $100 for the trigger job. It helped lighten the trigger pull and didn't do a lot for the creep. I was told that there isn't a lot that can be done for the creep in Benelli shotguns.

Taran tactical sells a reduced hammer and trigger springs for Benelli trigger groups. There is a YouTube video showing the installation of them. They sell for $7.99 each. If I get another M2, I will try them before I pay another $100. Good luck.
DBLGBL

Post by DBLGBL »

Going to try the Taran tactical reduced springs, for $20 bucks it will be a cheap potential fix. I don't see anything on the Timney site. Briley will do it for $270.00 :angry5:

Stay Tuned
2GBL
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

DBLGBL wrote: August 13th, 2017, 11:01 am Going to try the Taran tactical reduced springs, for $20 bucks it will be a cheap potential fix. I don't see anything on the Timney site. Briley will do it for $270.00 :angry5:

Stay Tuned
2GBL
Yea... Briley also wants 60.00..... A HOLE.......to drill and tap a receiver. :angry5: :angry5:
Ozark Ridge Runner

Hang tight boys, I seem to remember a gentleman near Springfield Mo. who did well thought of Benelli trigger work for $50. I'll see if I can find his contact info. Standby.
Ozark Ridge Runner

http://www.c-rums.com/Shotgun.html See if this is what you had in mind. I've heard good things about the trigger work.
DBLGBL

Post by DBLGBL »

Thanks Ridge Runner, I will call them tomorrow and see what their mod entails.

2GBL
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

Harvey King did a marvelous job on my SBE, and charged $100. The trigger went from terrible to excellent. He said there is something of a trick to properly fix any Benelli, but he seems to have mastered it. He has done several other shotguns for me and they all turned out great. He isn't the cheapest gunsmith around, but he does great work and is a really nice guy.

http://www.hkcustomguns.com
Ozark Ridge Runner

DBLGBL wrote: August 13th, 2017, 1:03 pm Thanks Ridge Runner, I will call them tomorrow and see what their mod entails.

2GBL
let me know what they have to say. I'm not quite at the point of doing anything with mine yet but it won't be long.
huntin

Post by huntin »

I put the Taran Tactical trigger spring in my M2 and the trigger pull is 3 1/2 lbs. I can live with that but it still has lots of creep. I've got the recoil spring but have concerns about adding stress to other parts.
taylorjones20

Post by taylorjones20 »

I had RR do the trigger on my SBE2 and M2. I also installed the Taran Tactical spring kits in both guns. Triggers are super light and nearly no creep.
DBLGBL

Post by DBLGBL »

UPDATE

Ordered the Taran tactical hammer and trigger springs and installed them in the trigger group. Big difference! Made a trip to the range this morning. I had been shooting my cooper squirrel rifle to check zero. It has a 9oz trigger. Switched guns and put the m2 on the bags and started squeezing. Bang. Nice surprise shot. The trigger still has some creep but was negligible. I think there would need to be hone work done on the sear to make it any better. I also compared it to my SBE that i have been hunting with for years and estimate it no be about half the pull weight of that gun. For $20 I am satisfied with it now. If your M2 trigger is heavy I would definitely recommend this upgrade. You also don't need a smith to install it for you.

2GBL
uvagobbler

Post by uvagobbler »

Glad it worked out for you!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

DBLGBL wrote: August 27th, 2017, 10:24 am UPDATE

Ordered the Taran tactical hammer and trigger springs and installed them in the trigger group. Big difference! Made a trip to the range this morning. I had been shooting my cooper squirrel rifle to check zero. It has a 9oz trigger. Switched guns and put the m2 on the bags and started squeezing. Bang. Nice surprise shot. The trigger still has some creep but was negligible. I think there would need to be hone work done on the sear to make it any better. I also compared it to my SBE that i have been hunting with for years and estimate it no be about half the pull weight of that gun. For $20 I am satisfied with it now. If your M2 trigger is heavy I would definitely recommend this upgrade. You also don't need a smith to install it for you.

2GBL
whats the cost of the kit? I have the M2 20ga and would like to have a better trigger myself
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
DBLGBL

Post by DBLGBL »

You need the hammer spring and the trigger spring. $17 + shipping The kit has a reduced power inertia spring which you do not want so i ordered
the springs separate. I replaced my inertia spring with a wolff extra $13 plus shipping.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Google gun docc and go to Curtis Wilbanks site. He will do a Benelli trigger for $45, and it will be done right!!!! He is in Toccoa, Ga.

Return to “Gun Talk”