Beretta A 300 Outlander

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Beretta A 300 Outlander

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Good the bad and the ugly. May buy 2 today
hobbes

Re: Beretta A 300 Outlander

Post by hobbes »

Youve probably searched the Refuge forums already, but here is their take from a couple years ago. I researched the berettas and was settled on an older used 390 for upland but never followed through.

http://www.refugeforums.com/threads/ber ... ws.991362/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hobbes wrote: August 10th, 2017, 10:43 am Youve probably searched the Refuge forums already, but here is their take from a couple years ago. I researched the berettas and was settled on an older used 390 for upland but never followed through.

http://www.refugeforums.com/threads/ber ... ws.991362/
Thanks Hobbes, haven't been to the refugee much lately or any forums for that matter. I know on the fowl boards it was getting great reviews.

Was set on two x3s as I'm familiar, then shouldered these an can be in for a grand on two. Honestly shouldered better than the x3 or Maxxus from what I read kinda replaced the 3901 which was the best deal in autoloaders.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Beretta has a better grip on their shotguns than the Browning Winchester's
I really liked the feel of the X3 but the grip to trigger is for guys who have long fingers. If your short like me, I rather have a short grip shotgun. The benellis SBE's almost had the grip too long. But it worked when I cut the stock down.isnt the Xtrema II almost the same as the A300?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

It is a good gun. I see a few of them on the clay range. That kid shoots 75 shells a week and I ask him had he cleaned it. He gave me that its a Beretta. It is two years old. Now the 3 inch has mobile and 31/2 has the OPT HP in them. If I was going to buy a be Beretta it would be the 3 inch one.
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

I've heard nothing but good things about them, especially for the price.
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

I coach SCTP trap,skeet, and sporting clay and our kids that have them will shoot 3-400 rounds per month or more with them. We have never seen a single one go down. They are like any auto (or gun for that matter) you have to clean them, but they will run dirty longer than most.
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Ok bought 2 $840 for both... September 1 they will start getting beat to death
fountain

Post by fountain »

^^ dang, that sounds like a steal!!! I've got one I've had a year now and haven't shot it yet
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

That is an awesome deal. I think I paid $550 for the wood stock version and I thought that was good. I broke mine in with hot pheasant shells and have fed it only the cheapest target loads since. No problems, but I have only put a couple cases through. It did not like the extra light loads I tried. My only complaint is there seems to be a limit to how much cast you can get with the shims.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

pullit wrote: August 11th, 2017, 7:28 am I coach SCTP trap,skeet, and sporting clay and our kids that have them will shoot 3-400 rounds per month or more with them. We have never seen a single one go down. They are like any auto (or gun for that matter) you have to clean them, but they will run dirty longer than most.
I bought a Beretta AL391A1 20 ga 14 years ago. I have hardcore cleaned that gun probably 3 times. Larry Meister of Back 40 Sporting Clays in Bourbon Indiana is where I bought it. After owning it for a long time I asked him how well they had bene holding up for the guys in the club as they bought and shot a lot of them.

Larry told me they were good guns unless you didn't clean them every so often. He didn't have to repair many of them, just a good scrubbing.

I went home and cleaned this gun. took me a couple days to get it clean. Man I was shocked by how much fouling was built up.

Ran a bit better after that lol

periodically I check it and wipe it down to stay on top of it.

and buying 2 for that price is a a great deal Tom. Your gonna like them guns. What kind of oil you gonna use to keep them running slick?
Sloppys favorite or you using froglube?

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

If you have a gander check it before they close. Was gonna get em the other day at 30 percent off. Guy said come back in 2 days and I got them 40 percent off
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 13th, 2017, 8:07 am If you have a gander check it before they close. Was gonna get em the other day at 30 percent off. Guy said come back in 2 days and I got them 40 percent off
right on

thats a good way to buy

Gander is a hour east or west of me. Last time I went (month ago)
they had the A17 HMR ammo in the 200 round pack for $79 bucks

Walmart has the same 200 round pack for $49.99

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote: August 13th, 2017, 9:45 am
ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 13th, 2017, 8:07 am If you have a gander check it before they close. Was gonna get em the other day at 30 percent off. Guy said come back in 2 days and I got them 40 percent off
right on

thats a good way to buy

Gander is a hour east or west of me. Last time I went (month ago)
they had the A17 HMR ammo in the 200 round pack for $79 bucks

Walmart has the same 200 round pack for $49.99
Ganders pricing was ridiculous. One thing I missed on about a year ago I saw in a random gun parts bin of unpackedged goods a colonial arms 555. I'm like I'll get it, got the price. :pale:

Figured I get in the closeout but it was gone
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: August 13th, 2017, 10:55 am Ganders pricing was ridiculous. One thing I missed on about a year ago I saw in a random gun parts bin of unpackedged goods a colonial arms 555. I'm like I'll get it, got the price. :pale:

Figured I get in the closeout but it was gone
Someone probably got screwed lol

ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

I have never own a Beretta shotgun. A buddy of mine has a A 300 Outlander. He is going to let me shoot it.
Mike
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

ncturkey wrote: August 13th, 2017, 7:36 pm I have never own a Beretta shotgun. A buddy of mine has a A 300 Outlander. He is going to let me shoot it.
I wish I could review. All I can say it feels great, others reviews are great. Give me time in a Slough or muddy field to find out what she's made of.

I beat the hell outta a gun waterfowl hunting
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Dang I wish I had a Gander close by. Ive heard of some crazy good deals in their cliseout.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I wasn't asking where, because I didn't need the temptation. Now I hear it's the place I've been avoiding to make sure I didn't see a deal on a CZ Bobwhite. Buncha enablers.
SCtrkyhntr

Post by SCtrkyhntr »

I have a sx3 and an A300. I like the A300 much better and have not hunted with my sx3 since buying the A300.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

SCtrkyhntr wrote: August 18th, 2017, 12:27 pm I have a sx3 and an A300. I like the A300 much better and have not hunted with my sx3 since buying the A300.
Dusty I was sold on the x3 after owning x2s for 15 years knowing the gas syste, but this joker fits like a glove and 2 for close to the price of one.

Watch me not be able to hit **** this year lol
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I put the shim around to make mine lefthanded and to see some rib. Switched the safety, too. It was smoking backyard trap with 1oz 2 3/4 dram loads this morning.
fountain

Post by fountain »

Be sure to keep us posted on how the perform for ya
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

fountain wrote: September 4th, 2017, 8:19 am Be sure to keep us posted on how the perform for ya
Will do was planning on goose hunting all weekend, but we had to take Sal's dad to er and has to have a quadruple bypass tomorrow. So early season may be shot for us.

I'm still scouting though, one of our pasture ponds is gaining birds each day.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: September 4th, 2017, 8:42 am
fountain wrote: September 4th, 2017, 8:19 am Be sure to keep us posted on how the perform for ya
Will do was planning on goose hunting all weekend, but we had to take Sal's dad to er and has to have a quadruple bypass tomorrow. So early season may be shot for us.

I'm still scouting though, one of our pasture ponds is gaining birds each day.
Sorry to hear bout sals dad. Hope he makes a full recovery
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

Return to “Gun Talk”