Separating Shot, Any Idea's???

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Separating Shot, Any Idea's???

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I have about 40 3.5" 12 gauge shells that I have to break down, they are loaded with 2 oz. 9's and 1/2 oz. of 8's, any idea on how I can separate the two sizes of shot? I can't find a sieve or strainer that will let the 9's pass through and catch the 8's.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Separating Shot, Any Idea's???

Post by GLS »

Look for gold panning or sifting sieves online. There may be something appropriate. Gil
Here's a start:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7 ... FLH6HGJAV2
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Thanks Gil, I'll check it out.
willie

Post by willie »

also check the sifters you use for dusting flour that is what i use.just take some 9's and 8's to store with you and see what will slip thru holes and what will not.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

willie wrote: July 16th, 2017, 5:07 pm also check the sifters you use for dusting flour that is what i use.just take some 9's and 8's to store with you and see what will slip thru holes and what will not.
I used a salt shaker, I drilled the holes out to .082" and dumped the shot in and screwed the cap on and it worked GREAT. I searched diligently for some type of sieve or strainer with mesh in the .082 to .088 range and if there is something out there I sure couldn't find it. I was searching Wal Mart one day for some type of strainer and I walked past the salt & pepper shakers and a light bulb went off.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 16th, 2017, 8:46 pm
willie wrote: July 16th, 2017, 5:07 pm also check the sifters you use for dusting flour that is what i use.just take some 9's and 8's to store with you and see what will slip thru holes and what will not.
I used a salt shaker, I drilled the holes out to .082" and dumped the shot in and screwed the cap on and it worked GREAT. I searched diligently for some type of sieve or strainer with mesh in the .082 to .088 range and if there is something out there I sure couldn't find it. I was searching Wal Mart one day for some type of strainer and I walked past the salt & pepper shakers and a light bulb went off.
:idea: great idea!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
willie

Post by willie »

i also use the sifter for removing any excess mica off of shot once i dip shot in shot glass 1/5 full of mica.does this help i don't but i still do it.i sift it over bigger bowl so there is no waste.i also mica inside of hull after bpgs seal is installed.like i said does it help i don't know but i still do it.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

The salt shaker idea was a great "light bulb" moment. Gil
willie

Post by willie »

im afraid to have a light bulb moment,i might have a stroke.

Return to “Gun Talk”