Waterproof

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Waterproof

Post by Turkinator »

I only use the Burris FF3 and FF2 at the present time. What is the best reflex sight for rainy conditions?
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Waterproof

Post by vaturkey »

Leupold Delta Point Pro :thumbup:
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

These are nice for rainy conditions https://dreamplastics.com/index.php?rou ... duct_id=68

I also have three Burris Speeddot's mounted on turkey guns with Butler Creek flip up covers, they are nice also.
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

As far as the electronics being waterproof, the Trijicon RMR is best because it has no electronics. Rain on the lens, mirror, or light source can create problems with any of them, electronic or not.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

There's no better cover than what comes free with the FF3. The sight can be used in a downpour as the cover is designed for use on the sight. You can't see through the cover linked above. All it takes is one drop on the led port to distort the image beyond use.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

GLS wrote:There's no better cover than what comes free with the FF3. The sight can be used in a downpour as the cover is designed for use on the sight. You can't see through the cover linked above. All it takes is one drop on the led port to distort the image beyond use.
And that is exactly why I use the Speed Bead mount for my FF III's, if ANYTHING should happen that I can't use the red dot I can sight right down my rib and use my beads.
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

turkeyinstrut wrote:
GLS wrote:There's no better cover than what comes free with the FF3. The sight can be used in a downpour as the cover is designed for use on the sight. You can't see through the cover linked above. All it takes is one drop on the led port to distort the image beyond use.
And that is exactly why I use the Speed Bead mount for my FF III's, if ANYTHING should happen that I can't use the red dot I can sight right down my rib and use my beads.
So where do you place the FF dot? I've thought of putting this system on my SBE and putting the FF dot right on top of the truglo bead. My eyes can't consistently focus on the truglo bead, but the gun shoots true to it. I've wondered how well this might work; sounds like you have already done it.

Return to “Gun Talk”