Triple Beard - A new turkey load for all of us.

A discussion about Turkey guns, rifles, black powder, handguns, chokes, cleaning, and accessories.
allaboutshooting

Post by allaboutshooting »

Here's the link to an article on the new "Triple Beard" turkey loads from Environ-Metal, makers of Hevi-Shot products. As a reader of Gobbler Nation and allaboutshooting.com you're seeing this first. http://allaboutshooting.com/article_inf ... les_id=809

I hope you enjoy the brief article about a new turkey load for all of us.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Triple Beard - A new turkey load for all of us.

Post by OLE RASPY »

Thanks for the article Clark. My gun really likes the envirometal hevi shot 3.5" 6 shot. :thumbup:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Sorry Clark but with Environmetals past I can't see how they can make any product that will stand the test of time. Too many shady works with them. I can still appreciate the work it takes to make millions dollars. I just don't have to like the product. It's like a Taylor Swift. Genius how they make that money. Her music still sux.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
01Foreman400

Post by 01Foreman400 »

Seems like they went backwards on that one.
KPcalls

Post by KPcalls »

01Foreman400 wrote:Seems like they went backwards on that one.

No doubt....
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Nothing to see here folks.
KPcalls

Post by KPcalls »

Is lead 7 shot lethal at 40 yards....?
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing3: :laughing3:
KPcalls

Post by KPcalls »

ICDEDTURKES wrote::LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing3: :laughing3:

I've been in anger management classes Tom....I was trying to be nice for a change... :banghead:

:lol:
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

I just don't see the attraction....more than likely a lead shell that cost too much

Sent from my typewriter
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

Waiting on their 70 yard claims any day. ..
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Dang Boyz......don't shoot the messenger! Clark was just passing on some information to us here. I greatly appreciate his efforts. Let Triple Beard roll out and make your own decision. I may try the 20 gauge loads. I know I am very pleased with the Long Beard lead ammo in my 12, even though it's not the same company. I don't agree with advertising a 70 yard shot either, but us ethical, turkey hunters who practice know our limits.

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Nothing aimed at Clarke in any way. But at ammo companies that terminally don't have a clue.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

It's unfortunate that Environmetal has been less than forthcoming about the way they've done things in the past. They've lost a lot of good will and trust out there. It's also interesting that they have changed who they have always been by offering lead shells.

It will be interesting to see the mix of shot sizes in that shell. If the 1-1/4 oz 20 ga shell is evenly mixed, it has about 291 pellets in the shell. Fed HWT 7s (1-1/2 oz) have about 329 in the shell and their own Hevi-13 7s (1-1/4 oz) have about 343 in the shell. 1-5/8 oz of TSS 9s have about 580 pellets and 69.4 yds penetration.

At 1300 fps lead 7s max out at 1.25" penetration at 41.6 yds (sea level and 32 deg F). Compared to their Hevi-13 straight 7s at 1090 fps, 44.7 yds.

Seems the marketing trend by the shell mfrs lately is to increase profit margins with new lead offerings. I can't imagine this one patterning anywhere close to Longbeards since they don't use the resin buffer that makes them tick. But adding those lead 7s will up the pellet count over using more typical lead turkey shell sizes.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Thanks for your input, Hal. Dang this stuff is confusing.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I think I'll pass.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

Since last year federal gave us 3rd degree, and now envirometal gives us the triple beard.Alabama season a little less than 2months away so to pass time what load offering would you like to see? How about federal heavyweight 7 1/2 and no flight control wad?
Rockhound

Post by Rockhound »

They might as well give it up, environmetal screwed up when they changed their loads to increase profit. Winchester is years ahead in the lead shell game, and no one is catching up. The rest of the lead companies may as well give up the ghost.
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

Rockhound wrote:They might as well give it up, environmetal screwed up when they changed their loads to increase profit. Winchester is years ahead in the lead shell game, and no one is catching up. The rest of the lead companies may as well give up the ghost.
I think your right, but I do think they will sell a few based soley on the way the box looks.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by davisd9 »

If I can help it I will never go back to lead. I have gotten off the Hevi train with the having to follow lot numbers.

Sent from the Strut Zone
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

definitely not for me.
El Sicario
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

While I probably won't use them, unless I spot a smoking deal, it's not rocket science why they, any company for that matter, would try something "new". New sells.....period. Add in performance with "new" and profits go up.

While members here may value opinions on this and other forums, in the grand scheme of things they make up a tiny fraction of the market. Very few folks are comparing one lot to the next, or worry about who got their undies in a wad over practices at a particular company. Also, while it's clear there must be a large enough interest to warrant some investment in Turkey ammo, it can't come close to waterfowl or upland ammo.

Thanks for the info Clark.
allaboutshooting

Post by allaboutshooting »

Happy to see that you found the information "interesting" and happy to put the information out there for you.

It's good to see ammo companies making new introductions of products for us as turkey hunters. I remember when Hevi-Shot was introduced and wondered why anyone would want to use anything other than lead shot, especially such ugly looking stuff. Little did any of us know the impact it would have on how we think and what we shoot.

Kyle Smith introduced himself to me many years ago and asked what I thought of TSS. I had to admit that I'd never heard of it. He started sending me examples of his loaded shells and frankly I was amazed at what very small, and very hard shot could do. For many hand loaders today, TSS is the standard by which everything else is judged.

The great news is that we have many choices today and by taking a look at them, we can choose what works for us.

Range time always tells the story on shells, chokes, guns, you name it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."
mossy835

Post by mossy835 »

Good info again Clark and I still use with success the Turkey and dead coyote loads. My friends use their duck loads and their pheasant loads (Non lead) with great success as does our guide!!!!

Return to “Gun Talk”