Bigsho69 after a Bow Grand Slam

The official Grand Slam discussion area.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Bigsho69 after a Bow Grand Slam

Post by Jaybird »

Osceola and Eastern down this year with the Rio and Merriam next. :thumbup: Geterdone buddy.
ImageImageImage
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Bigsho69 after a Bow Grand Slam

Post by Turkey Talker »

Good luck! Maybe one day when I retire I will be able to do that
FuzzSawyer

Post by FuzzSawyer »

No doubt he will get it done!
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

GOOD LUCK :thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Big ol Rio down scoring over 68, and he's off for his Merriam. Jerry is fricken awesome! :mrgreen: Sure glad he's on my Raiders team at OG.
ImageImageImage
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

We love it. Congrats BIGSHO !!!

Please post pictures in the Gobbler Nation Grandslam gallery.
Bigsho69

Post by Bigsho69 »

Thanks guys! I have always wanted to get my Archery Grand Slam and finally got the opportunity to hunt Florida this year. So far I have three species down and just need my Merriams to finish it out. I am pretty pumped. Here are the pics of the birds so far. I am glad my daughter and father in law got to be a part of my Slam if I can finish it out. My next stop is North Central Nebraska where I have killed 9 birds in three years. I think I have a really good chance to finish out my Slam. I will keep you guys posted. Oh by the way, all these birds have fallen to the Light Out Anodized Aluminum

Osceola

Eastern taken with my daughter Samantha running the camera

Rio Grande taken with my father in law Russell Hull who taught me how to bowhunt
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Congrats on your Slam yesterday with a double bearded Merriam. Outstanding accomplishment :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Yes congrats. I completed a grand slam this year also and it feels pretty good. I can't imagine how it feels to do it with a bow.
FuzzSawyer

Post by FuzzSawyer »

Bigsho is da man! Way to go buddy!
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Nice job buddy!
Bigsho69

Post by Bigsho69 »

Ok guys I was able to finish out my slam in North Central Nebraska this past weekend. I called this bird into 8 yds and after I shot him, his two buddies began to flog him when out of no where came a coyote running full speed in between the decoys and the blind. He tried to snatch one of the healthy birds but barely missed. Captured it all on video and got the coyote running through on video. It was crazy. The bird was a beauty at 20lbs 12oz, 10" and 6 1/8" beard, 1" and 7/8" spurs.

Here is my bird as he came into the decoys. He had some beautiful white feathers. By the time we took the field photos he was all wet and lost a wing feather.

Here is the lighted nock on its way to finish the job.
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Congrats on a heckuva accomplishment with a bow. Proud of ya buddy.
ImageImageImage
GSLAM95
Location: Southern Illinois - NOTE: Chicago is not part of IL by our choice!

Post by GSLAM95 »

Congratulations Jerry and thanks for leading me to OG which ended me over here as well. Hope we can get together for a hunt someday. I wish you all the luck chasing longbeards...
When in doubt,show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.
Bigsho69

Post by Bigsho69 »

Glad to have you at OG and here GSLAM. I see we are teammates over on OG. Should be a good time. I would love to get to hunt together some day. I think we would have a blast. I need to talk to you sometime about going for Goulds and Ocellated.
GSLAM95
Location: Southern Illinois - NOTE: Chicago is not part of IL by our choice!

Post by GSLAM95 »

Bigsho69 wrote:Glad to have you at OG and here GSLAM. I see we are teammates over on OG. Should be a good time. I would love to get to hunt together some day. I think we would have a blast. I need to talk to you sometime about going for Goulds and Ocellated.
Give me a shout anytime my friend and would be glad to visit. The Goulds hunt in Yecora,Sonora was awesome but the the #s of Ocellated that I seen along with the Mayan ruins is something to cherish as well. There is a new outfitter for the Ocellated that has the same main guide from where I hunted. he has also secured the bow only area in which I hunted. This along with the beautiful lodge he built makes him the no brainer choice for the bowhunter.
Good luck this spring and stay in touch..
When in doubt,show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.

Return to “Gobbler Nation Grand Slams”