Contest

All about the 2012 Gobbler Nation turkey hunting contest.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Contest

Post by Gobbler »

Mike Please enter the contest. Please. Don't make me beg like I had to do with Guesswho.
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

Gobbler wrote:Mike Please enter the contest. Please. Don't make me beg like I had to do with Guesswho.
Sorry Doug. The difference is Guesswho actually brings something to the table!
I'm good for some decent smacktalk with Jay, but that's where it really ends! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

We may have to pull a GOBBLERNATION intervention. Whats your address?
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

All Mike has to do is aim lower and he'd be a valuable team member for someone.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

guesswho wrote:All Mike has to do is aim lower and he'd be a valuable team member for someone.
I don't know about that. Starting to look like my high self esteem is at an all-time low! :lol: :lol:
Seriously, when I started hunting them, I got 3 in 4 years. Thought to myself, this is easy. Now after a couple of years of tag soup, I'm pretty humbled, and not really sure of what it's gonna take to get back in the saddle again. I honestly don't know what to do. The areas I hunt, have plenty of turkeys, but also plenty of hunters. I don't have access to private land, and I'm not using that as a crutch, 'cause alot of guys are in the same boat, and still put them down regularly.
Guess 2012 is gonna be a starting from scratch year.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

chatterbox wrote:Now after a couple of years of tag soup, I'm pretty humbled, and not really sure of what it's gonna take to get back in the saddle again. I honestly don't know what to do.
You just need to stay after them. Then one day while hunting something's just going to click on in your brain and your going to think oh, ok, I get it now, and your success will take a big jump. Your probably trying to out think them and thats hard to do since they don't really think. They react so you have to figure out how to get them to react in a way thats in your favor :struttin: . It's easier than trying to out think them :turkeywave: :?: :?
Double Naught Spy!
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

guesswho wrote:
chatterbox wrote:Now after a couple of years of tag soup, I'm pretty humbled, and not really sure of what it's gonna take to get back in the saddle again. I honestly don't know what to do.
You just need to stay after them. Then one day while hunting something's just going to click on in your brain and your going to think oh, ok, I get it now, and your success will take a big jump. Your probably trying to out think them and thats hard to do since they don't really think. They react so you have to figure out how to get them to react in a way thats in your favor :struttin: . It's easier than trying to out think them :turkeywave: :?: :?
This is soo true. :angry5:
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Mike, one thing about our contest this year is I really need more hunters that don't lay down a bunch of Turkeys every year. Teams will be divided up evenly, and I need more bottom end than top end with all the killers here, so don't feel you are holding any team back. With the format I'm using I don't have a problem with my girlfriend being on a team, and she has shot 1 Turkey her whole life.
ImageImageImage
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Jay he will join or be put on Gobblernation double secret probation. :lol: :mrgreen:
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

Gobbler wrote:Jay he will join or be put on Gobblernation double secret probation. :lol: :mrgreen:
Alright. I'll join. I don't want the dreaded double secret probation! :turkeywave:
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Nice! :thumbup:

Hey Jay that makes 6 so far that will be in the contest. :laughing6:
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Gobbler wrote:Nice! :thumbup:

So the chances of finishing in the top 10 are pretty good?
Double Naught Spy!
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

guesswho wrote:
Gobbler wrote:Nice! :thumbup:

So the chances of finishing in the top 10 are pretty good?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

Put me in gobbler.. :thumbup:
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Jan 1st we'll put up an official thread on joining, and hopefully we can get 120 hunters in 12 teams together for the contest by the time we cut it off. Keep inviting people you like to the Site so we can build membership up, and reach our goal for the contest. As we get closer to hunting Spring Turkey I expect a big jump on numbers.
ImageImageImage
FuzzSawyer

Post by FuzzSawyer »

Put me in coach!
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

Jaybird wrote:Jan 1st we'll put up an official thread on joining, and hopefully we can get 120 hunters in 12 teams together for the contest by the time we cut it off. Keep inviting people you like to the Site so we can build membership up, and reach our goal for the contest. As we get closer to hunting Spring Turkey I expect a big jump on numbers.
Are we till going to roll if we don't make 120?
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I want to do it if we only have 4 or 5 teams the first year. But I believe we'll get more people.
I am going to advertise it come january. I am going to try to mention it on some other sites.
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

All I care about is the smack talk thread. It's really the only part of my game! 8-)
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

chatterbox wrote:All I care about is the smack talk thread. It's really the only part of my game! 8-)
That's funny right there I really don't reckon it matters how much we think you may well be are in fact. :thumbright:
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

We are rolling on this contest no matter how many teams. We are going to build this into a huge deal eventually, once we get our membership built up. It's a lot of fun, and members look forward to it every year on Sites that run it. As Chatterbox said, the smack thread alone is worth the price of admission . :D
ImageImageImage
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Jaybird wrote:As Chatterbox said, the smack thread alone is worth the price of admission . :D
Even if I'm not in the contest you can count on me for some color commentating. I enjoy that as much as busting noggins, plus I can talk more chit than my ass can produce.
Double Naught Spy!
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

guesswho wrote:
Jaybird wrote:As Chatterbox said, the smack thread alone is worth the price of admission . :D
Even if I'm not in the contest you can count on me for some color commentating. I enjoy that as much as busting noggins, plus I can talk more chit than my ass can produce.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

Somethin is tellin me with you guys we may all want to pitch in on a pair of hip waders as top prize cuz its gonna get real deep. :thumbup:
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

On the first year I'm going to try and balance teams out to be as fair as I can, and after the contest is over we'll evaluate how it went. If it works out well I'm tempted to leave the teams together from year to year with adding new teams as we grow. This makes it easier to put the contest together every year, and promotes team pride by having the "team" remain the same.
ImageImageImage

Return to “2012 Gobbler Nation Turkey Hunting Contest”