Pinhoti Project

Post your favorite YouTube hunting videos here.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pinhoti Project

Post by Hoobilly »

jryser wrote: August 9th, 2018, 11:24 pm Yes indeed Hoobilly! Watch out I’ll be calling u!
:thumbup: :D
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Cove

Post by Cove »

decoykrvr wrote: August 9th, 2018, 5:43 pm What is your assessment. Did the gobbler hear you walking and come to the sound? Did you just put yourself in the right place at the right time? Did you even call to the birds? I go on the theory that if you spend enough time in the woods, utilize good woodsmanship, and stay attuned to your surroundings, you will have harvesting opportunities which will allude a lot of "weekend warriors" like the box call, crow calling road hunter in a previous episode.
Location Location Location. It will kill more gobblers than the fanciest of calling, my opinion of course. You can tell we stalled on the hillside opposite of him and started to setup there. I wanted to be where we ended up but thought we wouldn't make it without busting them. Well, once I determined his exact location and the exact location of the other birds it became obvious to me his first order of business would be to join the group since he was a satellite cast off to the side. I knew if we were not directly between the 2 we would get to listen to them gobble all morning because I find they don't cooperate much when they bunch up. We took the gamble and arrived just in time. He had no idea we were there, silent approach in the pine straw. :thumbleft:
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

Holy ****, yall weren’t kidding. I just watched the first episode and that was AWESOME. My heart was pounding by the time that bird finally showed up. Very, very well done.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
Cove

Post by Cove »

Just got days 29.30.31 up today. Hunting before work is exhausting.
jryser

Post by jryser »

Cove wrote:Just got days 29.30.31 up today. Hunting before work is exhausting.
Love/hate the gobbler that taunts. What’s wild is I thought during season u didn’t have a full time job other than hunting. THAT is dedication and my props go WAY up. I do exactly the same thing if tags aren’t filled, except I hunt in the evenings. Patient care always comes first....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

What’s your occupation cove if ya don’t mind me Askin.
Just wondering what job let’s you hunt in morning and then go to work. Without using time up like vacation or something.
Good work on the videos. I’ve been watching. I enjoy them.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Longspurs

Post by Longspurs »

Love the hunts .... but one suggestion could you not put the hero pic in the video link? Kinda takes away from the suspense when you know the outcome before you click on the video. Either way we will all be watching them anyway.
Cove

Post by Cove »

OLE RASPY wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 7:50 pm What’s your occupation cove if ya don’t mind me Askin.
Just wondering what job let’s you hunt in morning and then go to work. Without using time up like vacation or something.
I run a termite and pest control business. Suppose to be clocked in by 9:00 :violent1:
Cove

Post by Cove »

Longspurs wrote: August 24th, 2018, 6:02 am Love the hunts .... but one suggestion could you not put the hero pic in the video link? Kinda takes away from the suspense when you know the outcome before you click on the video. Either way we will all be watching them anyway.
I understand that but unfortunately the thumbnail is what peaks interest for YouTube viewers. A lot of folks will have a picture of a gobbler in there regardless of whether it was killed on the clip, I refuse to do that. . . feels like false advertisement. :mrgreen:
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Cove wrote: August 24th, 2018, 9:27 am
OLE RASPY wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 7:50 pm What’s your occupation cove if ya don’t mind me Askin.
I run a termite and pest control business. Suppose to be clocked in by 9:00 :violent1:
"Suppose to be clocked in by 9:00"...................But, a man's gotta keep his priority's straight :lol:
Cove

Post by Cove »

turkeyinstrut wrote: August 24th, 2018, 10:05 am
"Suppose to be clocked in by 9:00"...................But, a man's gotta keep his priority's straight :lol:
And you will see the frustration reach it's peak on the video that will upload later today! :lol: :banghead:
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Oh ok I was just wondering. 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Cove

Post by Cove »

Just dropped day 41 on the channel- finally time to do some traveling!
PennBirdy

Post by PennBirdy »

Love what you’re doing Dave! Keep up the good work. Some of the best hunting videos I’ve seen in a very long time. I’m pumped to see squirrel back in the action with you in Kentucky! That guy cracks me up!!
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Ever wonder what happened to Dewey and Malcolm (who both starred in Malcom in the Middle) after they grew up? Dewey became Squirrel and Frankie Muniz won the 2018 National Open Turkey Calling contest. Frankie still talks to the camera when no one is around and Dewey, (or is it Reese?), forgot the car keys. I knew I'd seen these fellas before. ;) Gil

PS: Better than the old TV show. Can't wait for the next episode.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I watched all of them so far. Watched the bonus footage just now.
That’s neat how you got every thing setup. I can tell ya love turkey hunting, I love it to but not like you I reckon. Ain’t no way I’m sleeping on a cot. 😆 but I am a bigger guy than you and have back problems from time to time from lifting heavy stuff back in my younger years id have to get me a hotel room lol.
Where does squirrel sleep is my question.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Poor ole squirrel has had a bad run of luck as of late, he will get back on the right track though. Have watched every one of them (at least once..LOL) and am always patiently awaiting the next, don't know what I am going to do when we get to the end. :banghead:
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

After Day 46, I was wondering when they were going to test fire the gun... "To err is human to blame someone or something else, more human". Squirrel didn't and took it like a man. Gil
Cove

Post by Cove »

Whew, that one was tough to edit. I'm not sure who took it worse, me or Squirrel. Let me reiterate that I don't like carrying a video camera, I like carrying a gun but am stubbornly determined to achieve a goal (recording everyday as promised). So with him missing, that means I'm still holding a flippin' camera.
Cove

Post by Cove »

OLE RASPY wrote: September 11th, 2018, 6:48 pm I watched all of them so far. Watched the bonus footage just now.
That’s neat how you got every thing setup. I can tell ya love turkey hunting, I love it to but not like you I reckon. Ain’t no way I’m sleeping on a cot. 😆 but I am a bigger guy than you and have back problems from time to time from lifting heavy stuff back in my younger years id have to get me a hotel room lol.
Where does squirrel sleep is my question.
Squirrel had his own rental car there. You'll see how I tackle living from a rental in a few weeks when I fly out to Washington.
pccutter

Post by pccutter »

Awesome job Dave. Also, thanks for the help with the hunt of a lifetime next spring.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

dbl
Last edited by GLS on September 13th, 2018, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Your mobile home set up in the truck looks very efficient. Never, ever turn on your butane heater in the closed up truck cap and lay down on the cot thinking you'll get up and turn it off before going to sleep. After hunting all day and drinking a beer or two and laying down worn out with the heater on could be a recipe for disaster. Carbon monoxide is an odorless killer. You probably already know this but this bears saying. Gil
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Great videos
Mike
MAK

Post by MAK »

Great videos it’s nice to see real hunting depicted.

Keep up the good work
MAK

Return to “GNTV”