Winkum, Blinkum, & BOOM!!

Post your favorite YouTube hunting videos here.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Winkum, Blinkum, & BOOM!!

Post by HunterGKS »

Bird #2 Kill Video

I was up at 4:00 Monday, 05/05/14, & out the door to the green field above the cemetery. I was ready by 5:15 & a bird fired up behind me at 5:25. He responded real well to both the Team Mag-Force TC & the raspy hen mouth call. About 6, I tried to high pitched hen & he didn’t respond. Hit the TC & he gobbled. His last gobble was about 6:30 & he sounded a little further away. I closed my eyes for a few minutes & when I opened them, a gobbler was in my AvianX decoy set & started flogging the jake. I was able to get the gun-mounted video cam turned on & the gun up, safety off, without being detected, awaiting an opportunity for a shot which finally came at 6:51. (This exact scenario happened this year at the same spot at about the same time but I rushed & missed.)Once again, the Rem 11-87 NWTF Anniversary Model SPST sent a load of 3” mag, 12 gauge Federal HW #7 magic pixie dust into the big red, white, & blue head. He was a nice 3 year old, 19 ½ pounds, 10 ¼” beard, & 1 1/8” spurs.

I was so concentrated on the bird in the dekes that I didn’t notice the other gobbler maybe 30 yards out until I lower the gun. I videoed him & noticed the heads/necks of 2 other birds over the rise. So there is at least 1 gobbler out there for the next lucky hunter.

Bird #2 Kill Video

The bird didn’t flop for about 5 minutes. When he started flopping, I was able to get my still camera out & get some good shots.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “GNTV”