Day 3 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 3 of the 2019 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

I got set-up in the woods behind my Sister’s & BiLs house at 12:30 with a temp of 77,
sunny with some clouds, & very windy. A hawk started screaming as I walked between
the woods to my spot. It stopped when I got parallel to where it was.

At 02:03, a doe fawn walked along the opening between the woods, winded me, & took
off. At 02:20, I decided to walk through the west wood. At 02:25, I sat at a spot with
some shags where I have killed squirrels before. At 02:34, I saw motion on the side of a
tree on the back side about 15 yards away. It was a fox that walked away a few yards,
turned, & came back towards me. When the .17 barked, #2 was in the books.

I waited another 15 minutes & walked through the woods & back along the south side
dropping off the bushy at the truck. At 03:15, I sat back down but saw nothing else
except some flutterbys.

At 04:45, I headed in with cloudy skies & a temp of 78.

I have noticed that there doesn’t seem to be a lot of mast. I wonder if all the hard
rain & heavy winds we had this spring & early summer knocked off a lot of the buds.
Whatever the case, it doesn’t look good for the squirrels. They may have moved on
to better food sources.

I thought this was an apropos spot to take a pic of a squirrel. Now, if I only had a moose!!
01.JPG
02.JPG
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”