Day 64 of the Ohio Squirrel Season in Young’s Woods

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 64 of the Ohio Squirrel Season in Young’s Woods

Post by HunterGKS »

I got back to “my” deer woods at 12:45 with the temp at 52, windy, & overcast. My main objective was to swap out the card in my trail cam, do a little walking & maybe scare up a bushy or 2. I sat for about 45 minutes then headed south into the east section of the woods finding a few rubs along the way. I walked along the outside edge of the woods & found 3 scrapes. I was surprised that there wasn’t more activity in the woods. Then again, for the past 2-3 weeks, does & fawns are the only deer showing up on the trail cam. Not sure what happened to all the bucks.

You can see the damage a big tree will do to a deer blind in the 1st 3 pics. The owner of that section of woods hauled a small shed back several years ago & converted it to a deer stand. He put it up on a frame to keep it off the ground & avoid wood rot. It is in the SE corner of his woods & is diagonally across the field from my stand. We both know when & where we will be so there is no danger.

The next 4 pics are of rubs about 150 yards west of my stand.

The last 3 pics are of scrapes along the outside edge of the woods about 100-150 yards from my blind & within shooting distance.

I swapped out the card & headed home at 02:45. The temp was still 52, still windy, still overcast, & no game of any type seen.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 64 of the Ohio Squirrel Season in Young’s Woods

Post by OLE RASPY »

Dang that sucks for him
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 64 of the Ohio Squirrel Season in Young’s Woods

Post by soiltester »

At least it wasn't your blind :thumbup:

Looks like you're not any further into fall color than we are .. or I should say, leaf dry down, with little color :banghead:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”