Day 47 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 47 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

Evelyn’s Home Place 10/17/2017 P.M.

I was set-up at 12:37 with a temp of 63, sunny, & windy. At 01:10, a fox started cutting in a shag in front of me. I couldn’t spot it due to the !@#$%^&*( leaves. At 0118, something told me to look right & I saw a bushy moving from 1 tree to another. The tree was about 10 yards from me & about 15’ up. It must have misjudged the size of the branch it was going to because, as soon as it moved its hind legs to the new branch, it spun upside down & had to move upside down, hand-over-hand towards the tree. The branch had to be too small for it to grip right side up. I had to twist to the right. Due to the awkwardness of the twist, I couldn’t mount the .17 correctly & had to lay the stock on top of my shoulder. All was good as it was a stop, pop, & drop on a nice male.

The wind was pretty strong blowing around the branches, leaves, & weeds which caused the shadows to dance all over which about drove me to distraction looking for bushies whenever a shadow moved.

At 03:28, I saw movement out of the corner of my left eye & saw a bushy about 10 yards moving through the weeds. It jumped up on a small downed tree ran a couple of feet & stopped. I guess he wanted to ride home in my truck with his brother.

I headed in at 04:00with the temp up to 68. This is my 6th daily double of the season but I haven’t been able to put together a trifecta. Maybe after I get back from my fall turkey excursion.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 47 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by OLE RASPY »

👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 47 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by soiltester »

AND maybe when you get back from your fall turkey excursion the leaves will be dropped or dropping :thumbup:

The pot still thickens :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”