Day 20 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

everything except turkey & deer
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Day 20 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

Brad’s Woods 09/20/2017 P.M.

I got into the woods at01:35 with a temp of 81, alight breeze, &partially cloudy skies. At 02:03, I heard something moving to my right & turned my head to see what I thought was a large dog running right at me. Turns out it was a small spotless fawn that came to a screeching halt about 15’ from me. It wasn’t sure what I was but knew something wasn’t right & took 2 jumps away to stop about 25’ from me. It stood there doing the head-bob thing up & down as well as side to side. I moved just a little & it ran out to about 50’, stood there for several minutes, blew once, & took off headed west.

At 02:42, a fox started scolding in front of me. I could spot it & knew I couldn’t move on it as the ground is covered with branches & other noisy stuff. Finally, at 02:50, I saw a tail flag as the bushy was laying down on a limb. I took the shot & hit the limb right under its head. It let me jack in another round before heading into the tops. A couple of minutes later, it started scolding again for maybe 30 seconds to a minute & then shut up.

I took a walk around the woods from 04:00 – 04:30 & all I found were a couple of pawpaws. At 04:37, another fox started scolding quite a ways behind me. I sttod up & turned around & it stopped. I looked but couldn’t find it.

I decided to head home at 05:00. When I got to the truck, the temp was 118!!!! By the time I got home, it had dropped to 88 which was still probably higher than it really was
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 20 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by OLE RASPY »

118F what. Dang that's hot.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Day 20 of the 2017 Ohio Squirrel Season

Post by HunterGKS »

OLE RASPY wrote: September 20th, 2017, 8:58 pm 118F what. Dang that's hot.
The truck was sitting with the front end right on the edge of a corn field &
in the open. It wasn't really that hot but I was surprised to see the temp that
high.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Waterfowl & Small Game”