Good mornin in the woods

Coyote Killing to Waterfowl and Upland Hunting with Woodland Game Mixed In
Post Reply
User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 7th, 2015, 12:52 pm

Got some new property to hunt on at first of week. Went there this morning to meet land owner and to find property lines. My wife was told the other day that this man wanted someone come out and kill the squirrels on his property. So I went this morning. Arrived right at daylight. He came out and we talked for prolly 30 minutes about huntin and what not. After that off I went and had a limit of squirrels in 45 minutes. This 24 acres hasn't been hunt on in 18 years according to land owner. Killed my limit and headed back to my truck and he met me outside to see if I killed anythang. He saw my squirrels and was grinning ear to ear. We chatted another 30 minutes and he told me to come back anytime. I'm hoping this opens up more opportunitys to hunt other things. Hoping to kill a few yotes off of his property as well. It was a good morning little to no wind and 55 degrees.
Image
Image
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2615
Joined: January 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by HunterGKS » November 7th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Congrats but we're gonna hafta larn you how to post pics horizontally instead of vertically. :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Rifle?
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD


Image

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 7th, 2015, 2:12 pm

HunterGKS wrote:Congrats but we're gonna hafta larn you how to post pics horizontally instead of vertically. :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Rifle?
I guess I need to be larned on it. I'm posting from my phone and they look perfectly fine to me on the phone. They are turned right. I'll get on computer here in a few see if I can fix it. So I dunno George. Yea it's a rifle. Marlin model 60 .22. That's all I used to squirrel hunt with.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3502
Joined: June 27th, 2011, 9:54 pm

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by vaturkey » November 7th, 2015, 3:23 pm

OLE RASPY wrote:
HunterGKS wrote:Congrats but we're gonna hafta larn you how to post pics horizontally instead of vertically. :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Rifle?
I guess I need to be larned on it. I'm posting from my phone and they look perfectly fine to me on the phone. They are turned right. I'll get on computer here in a few see if I can fix it. So I dunno George. Yea it's a rifle. Marlin model 60 .22. That's all I used to squirrel hunt with.
Good choice OLE Raspy ! 17 Rimfire is overkill George ! :slap:

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 7th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Did somebody do something to the pics. Now they are horizontal on my phone but if it works then :thumbup:
Picture posting has me all jacked up. :scratch: :violent1:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1556
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 7:04 am
Location: Gaffney SC

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by soiltester » November 8th, 2015, 6:54 am

Now that's so great shootin' :thumbup:
I know on my 23 acres, I've got a zillion of them lil' critters, especially when I can count a dozen on my lawn at one time :shock:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 8th, 2015, 1:52 pm

Went back this mornin and it was 50 degrees and real windy. Only killed one. One shot one kill. Had a 4 point buck come thru the woods within 10 yards never smelt me or saw me. He had his mouth wide open and was foaming. :thumbup:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2615
Joined: January 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by HunterGKS » November 8th, 2015, 2:54 pm

OLE RASPY wrote: Yea it's a rifle.
Well DUH!!!! And people accuse me of being a smartass!! :bootyshake: :stir: :LMAO:

I did now it was a rifle but was tired & didn't want to type out;

"What kind of rifle is that?" :roll: :roll: :angel4:
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD


Image

User avatar
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2615
Joined: January 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by HunterGKS » November 8th, 2015, 2:56 pm

OLE RASPY wrote:Went back this mornin and it was 50 degrees and real windy. Only killed one. One shot one kill. Had a 4 point buck come thru the woods within 10 yards never smelt me or saw me. He had his mouth wide open and was foaming. :thumbup:
It was 33 here with a heavy frost & windy. It's supposed to be nice in the morning so I hope to get the last 2 I need.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD


Image

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 8th, 2015, 4:06 pm

HunterGKS wrote:
OLE RASPY wrote: Yea it's a rifle.
Well DUH!!!! And people accuse me of being a smartass!! :bootyshake: :stir: :LMAO:

I did now it was a rifle but was tired & didn't want to type out;

"What kind of rifle is that?" :roll: :roll: :angel4:
:LMAO:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 8th, 2015, 4:08 pm

HunterGKS wrote:
OLE RASPY wrote:Went back this mornin and it was 50 degrees and real windy. Only killed one. One shot one kill. Had a 4 point buck come thru the woods within 10 yards never smelt me or saw me. He had his mouth wide open and was foaming. :thumbup:
It was 33 here with a heavy frost & windy. It's supposed to be nice in the morning so I hope to get the last 2 I need.
Good luck on your last 2. :thumbup:
Suppose to be good here to. But everyday isn't Saturday for me. Only get to hunt weekends. :lol:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2615
Joined: January 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by HunterGKS » November 8th, 2015, 5:17 pm

OLE RASPY wrote: Only get to hunt weekends. :lol:
Obviously you need to reassess your priorities. :joker:
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD


Image

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 8th, 2015, 5:29 pm

HunterGKS wrote:
OLE RASPY wrote: Only get to hunt weekends. :lol:
Obviously you need to reassess your priorities. :joker:
I heard that. I shore wish I could but I don't want my family going hungry :lol:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2615
Joined: January 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by HunterGKS » November 8th, 2015, 6:54 pm

OLE RASPY wrote: I don't want my family going hungry :lol:
UMMM............You do realize that you can eat the squirrels you shoot, don't you?? :violent3: :LMAO:
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD


Image

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1815
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by OLE RASPY » November 8th, 2015, 7:23 pm

HunterGKS wrote:
OLE RASPY wrote: I don't want my family going hungry :lol:
UMMM............You do realize that you can eat the squirrels you shoot, don't you?? :violent3: :LMAO:
Yes sir. I love eating them. Some gravy biscuits and fried squirrels is the shanizzle. :lol: but it don't pay the bills. :thumbup:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

User avatar
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 4606
Joined: September 1st, 2011, 9:07 pm
Location: BIG LICK VA.

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by GOLD HUNTER » November 9th, 2015, 6:11 pm

:thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING

User avatar
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2299
Joined: August 13th, 2012, 8:47 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by Waddle Whacker » November 10th, 2015, 8:41 pm

Strong work!
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.

toasty
Posts: 426
Joined: April 19th, 2012, 10:00 am

Re: Good mornin in the woods

Post by toasty » November 10th, 2015, 10:39 pm

Nice shooting. I don't think I'll ever get used to people shooting "limits" of squirrels and eating them.

Post Reply

Return to “Varmint & Small Game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest