Magnus vs Guillotine YOU DECIDE

Bowhunting for all critters great & small. Bows with Cams, no Cams & Crossbow talk here.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Magnus vs Guillotine YOU DECIDE

Post by Turkey Talker » August 31st, 2011, 9:45 pm

FuzzSawyer

Re: Magnus vs Guillotine YOU DECIDE

Post by FuzzSawyer » February 24th, 2012, 1:55 pm

They both did the job, but holy smoke did that one pour the blood!

GSLAM95
Location: Southern Illinois - NOTE: Chicago is not part of IL by our choice!

Post by GSLAM95 » January 13th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Fuzz if you liked the blood squirt....This one is just a jake but the head shot challenge was put forward to be done with a mechanical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVR0DBQKq0E

I am becoming more of a fan of the NAP F.O.C.'s which is a 3" mechanical for body shots but have taken numerous with the Guillotines.
Although the Guillotines are a pain to pack in and out as they are a full 4"x4" cut true razor blade they are devastating when they connect. I have a few videos posted on youtube if you want to see them in action, just type in gslam95.
When in doubt,show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.

GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER » January 13th, 2013, 5:37 pm

:shock:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING

Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood » January 13th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Hands Down: Slick Trick ;)
"If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude."- General Colin Powell, Ret.

GSLAM95
Location: Southern Illinois - NOTE: Chicago is not part of IL by our choice!

Post by GSLAM95 » January 13th, 2013, 9:44 pm

I will agree with the Slick Trick for deer but no way even close to the F.O.C. for turkey and I have killed them with both...
When in doubt,show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.

Hayudog

Post by Hayudog » April 8th, 2013, 1:06 pm

I have had real trouble getting the Bullheads to hit the same spot between different arrows. Same arrow, just different arrow in the quiver. I've even lined up the heads when I glue the inserts. V Force by Victory. The full length arrows are v 300 - 75/90 pound rated. 125 gr. Magnus Bullheads. I could get one arrow to fly to the same spot, then the next would be off. Used 4" feathers. Still had trouble. Finally, reduced my poundage from 70 to 55 and put on 5 1/2 feathers. Now they are consistent, finally. The arrow sounds like a flu flu going thru the air. Arrow still penetrates the pillow I use for a stop.

4" feathers vs 5 1/2

Return to “Bowhunting”