We got a 14 year old his first coyote!

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

We got a 14 year old his first coyote!

Post by derbyacresbob »

Last Saturday morning at 6am we left my house to go coyote calling. Our main goal for the day was to get 22guy's son bubba a chance to shoot a coyote with his 20 ga.

The first coyote we called in stopped in a spot that bubba couldn't see it so 22guy put the coyote down with his shotgun at about 25 yards away.
ImageIMG_0395 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0398 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This coyote in the above picture blends in with the cover and is kind of hard to see. There was two coyotes moving through the trees at about 50 yards away. I switched sounds to Vole Squeaks and the coyote in the above picture headed our way and stopped when it spotted me.
ImageIMG_0398 - Copy by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This is the same picture but I cropped it to make the coyote easier to see. This is where the coyote was standing when I shot it with a 1-7/8 oz load of HW13 BB shot.

On the same stand about 5 minutes later we had a coyote come right in and get away from us, we messed up! LOL
ImageIMG_0401 - Copy (2) by Robert Morris, on Flickr
I didn't even get a good picture of this coyote heading in to us.

ImageIMG_0406 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
This is the coyote that we did get on that stand.

On the very next stand we had a bobcat heading to the Foxpro about 35 yards away when a big coyote ran right up to the Foxpro and bubba nailed the coyote at about 20 yards with his 20 ga 870 with a 7/8 oz load of HW13 BBs.

ImageIMG_0410 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
In the above picture 22guy his taking pictures of his happy son bubba, with his first coyote. It was a huge female.

ImageIMG_0425 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
ImageIMG_0444 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
Two more pictures of bubba with his first coyote.

ImageIMG_0457 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
We saw lots of piles of coyote scat that were full of juniper berries. We have had some great coyote calling years when we see a lot of coyote scat full of juniper berries. I am pretty sure that if a coyote could choose between eating, rabbits, mice , squirrels, birds and juniper berries, juniper berries would be the coyotes last choice.

The wind really started blowing and we could see the rain headed our way so we headed home at about 1pm.

It was a great day.
Foxpro Field Staff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: We got a 14 year old his first coyote!

Post by Hoobilly »

Glad to see Bubba with his first coyote!

Awesome pictures as usual!

Mating season here is ramping up and now we have some snow. Hoping we can get a few
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Awesome Bob!!! Y'all keep knocking them down!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
crow

Post by crow »

Congrats to young Bubba on your first coyote and good shooting. That is a nice big female and your off to a good start.

In the one picture it appears like Bubba is giving his Dad the "I can't believe you just long gunned me" look on the second coyote.

Return to “Predator Calling”