TSS #3 shot on coyote crossbow video.

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

TSS #3 shot on coyote crossbow video.

Post by derbyacresbob »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_G4bMDrDsg&t=29s

In the above video I backed up Al Morris and his crossbow with my shotgun shooting my 3" 1-1/2 oz TSS #3 shot reloads.

The second coyote rolled to a stop at 73 yards away. I think I hit him at about 66 to 70 yards away. I missed him on my first shot and the doubled the lead and hit him good on the second shot.

Al hit the second coyote real good but I didn't know that at the time, so I started shooting.
Foxpro Field Staff
hookinembig

Re: TSS #3 shot on coyote crossbow video.

Post by hookinembig »

Great video and awesome shooting as well. I love to watch Al he is the most entertaining of all the guys on the show.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

We don’t want to hurt them, we want to killm!

Great video!

Glad to see TSS smoking coyotes!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
crow

Post by crow »

good video and good shooting with both the Xbow and TSS.
the TSS was impressive in the penetration in breaking them down.

is this #3 TSS performance in penetration similar to what you got with #4 buck at these distances, or would it be closer to #3 or #1 buck at 70 yards? ( not pattern density, just the performance of the pellets that hit)
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Great video, Bob. I love to watch coyotes getting whacked! Impressive shooting from the both of you!
BTW.. Are you and Al related? I assume that you are.
Good stuff, right there!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

crow,
TSS #3 shot does not get the amount of penetration that number 4, number 3 or number 4 buckshot gets. But all four of these shot sizes get more than enough penetration to kill coyotes.
Number 4 buck at 1300 fps gets 3.70" of gel penetration at 109.2 yards, with 41 pellets in 1-7/8 oz.
Number 3 buck at 1300 fps gets 3.70" of gel penetration at 126 yards, with 35 pellets in 1-7/8 oz..
Number 1 buck at 1300 fps gets 3.70" of gel penetration at 189.4 yards, with 20 pellets in 1-7/8 oz..
TSS #3 shot at 1300 fps gets 3.70" of gel penetration at 96.8 yards, with 100 pellets in 1-1/2 oz.

The odds of killing coyotes consistently at 70 yards and less would be better with TSS #3 shot because of the pellet count. The TSS #3 shot load has 59 more pellets than the #4 buck, 65 more pellets than the #3 buck and 80 more pellets than the #1 buck load has.

Hognutz, I don't know if Al Morris and I are related, it could be possible. Both of our families moved out West from Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl days.
Foxpro Field Staff
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Awesome video Bob!!! Doing some whacking and stacking a usual!!! Keep up the good work!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

IMO The big dude with the white beard moves to much
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
crow

Post by crow »

Thanks for the info
I watched the video a couple more times, I'm still impressed with the smashing power of TSS (and pellet count compared to #4 buck) at that distance.

did you do an autopsy to see what broke them down that good, brain/spinal cord, or big bones?
hookinembig

Post by hookinembig »

Bob,

I just watched the furtakers episode where you hammered 4 coyotes on one sit all within 20 yards of the caller and that was simply amazing. Al was so pumped up after 3 coyotes and started going crazy and you told him to keep it down and the 4th came in right after that.

Keep up the great work!
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

hookinembig wrote: January 9th, 2019, 5:38 pm Bob,

I just watched the furtakers episode where you hammered 4 coyotes on one sit all within 20 yards of the caller and that was simply amazing. Al was so pumped up after 3 coyotes and started going crazy and you told him to keep it down and the 4th came in right after that.

Keep up the great work!
The three days that we had filming that Furtakers show were better than I would have ever dreamed of. We killed 23 coyotes on film in 3 days. Al Morris is great to hunt with, he gets very excited and is a lot of fun.

Thanks for the great replies gentlemen!
Foxpro Field Staff

Return to “Predator Calling”