A great 1st coyote calling stand for the rancher!

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

A great 1st coyote calling stand for the rancher!

Post by derbyacresbob »

Today I got to ride along with a rancher that I know, on a ranch of his that I have never been on before.

He was showing me around the ranch and he wanted to do a few coyote calling stands just to see how I go about doing it with my Foxpro e-callers.

This ranch does not have very much open country but there is some great shotgun calling on most of the ranch.

On the first stand we were sitting in the shade of two oak trees leaning against the trunk of the trees with my Foxpro Fusion sitting about 15 yards in front of us.

I started out playing Bay Bee Cottontail and after just a few minutes a Golden Eagle was diving down through the oak trees and knocked my Foxpro Fusion off of my caller bag that it was sitting on.

I have had lots of owls, hawks and eagles get real close to my e-callers over the years but this was the first time I had one make contact with my caller. I was thinking what a great first stand for the rancher.

We stayed right there calling and after about 10 to 12 minutes I switched sounds to Pup Distress 3 on full volume. About 3 minutes later a male coyote ran right up beside my Fusion and I shot it with my shotgun.

So on the rancher's first coyote calling stand we had a eagle and a coyote show up at my e-caller.
ImageIMG_9380 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
In the above picture you can see that the Fusion e-caller got knocked off of my caller bag by the eagle.

On the next stand we had another male coyote run right up to the caller and my shotgun put him down at about 15 yards away.
ImageIMG_9384 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

We called in one more coyote that got away because my shotgun jammed after the first shot. I also killed another coyote with my 22-250 when we were just driving around looking at the ranch.

So we made 4 calling stands and called in 3 coyotes and 1 eagle.

It was a great day!
Foxpro Field Staff
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: A great 1st coyote calling stand for the rancher!

Post by Hoobilly »

that i most awesome! My wife and I think we seen a juvenile bald eagle hit on the highway today. couldn't stop to get pictures as traffic was heavy. I hope it wasn't..
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
crow

Re: A great 1st coyote calling stand for the rancher!

Post by crow »

Great day, that should make a lasting impression for him

Return to “Predator Calling”