I helped the farmer out a little this morning.

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

I helped the farmer out a little this morning.

Post by derbyacresbob »

I went to a charity Sporting Clays shoot on Friday and saw a farmer that has been letting me hunt dove on his property with one of my friends that he has known for many years. He asked me to go call some coyotes on his property just about a mile South of where we have been dove hunting for the last three years. He has had a bunch of their plastic tubing get chewed up in a vineyard by coyotes.

I got there this morning just as it was getting light enough to make a shotgun stand. The wind was blowing perfect to make a stand just 100 yards from the highway. I sat on the edge of the vineyard and was looking towards a open desert looking area that was about one square mile.

I started out playing Adult Rat on full volume for about 5 minutes, then I switched to Coyote Pup Screams on full blast for about 2 minutes. Then I switched to Pup Distress 3 on full volume. About 5 minutes later I saw two coyotes heading my way across the open desert flat area. They were heading my way fast, I shot the front coyote about 15 yards from my FoxPro. The second coyote took off and I dropped him at about 40 yards away.

The second coyote got up so I shot it again and it dropped straight down. About ten minutes later I went out to get the second coyote and I couldn't find it. I should have gone straight out to that second coyote after I shot it because I couldn't see that area from where I was hiding at.
ImageIMG_6478 by Robert Morris, on Flickr
Foxpro Field Staff
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: I helped the farmer out a little this morning.

Post by 2Shooter »

Bob, your out whacking, and stacking again!!! Good job!!! I want to go song dog hunting with you!!! :thumbup:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: I helped the farmer out a little this morning.

Post by Hoobilly »

Good job! Keep that farmer happy and kill some more!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/

Return to “Predator Calling”