A well deserved coyote

Techniques and calls.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

A well deserved coyote

Post by OLE RASPY »

As some may know me and the wife bought some land last year and I coyote hunted it several times last winter and never killed one. I called one in but no shot. That’s pretty disappointing to me as I love hunting coyotes. It’s second. First is turkey then yotes. Well all last year I had prolly 10 trail cam pics of coyotes but never could connect on one. I hunted a lot of mornings but very little evenings. Especially right before dark I never did. I’ve killed deer and turkeys off of it but never a Yote (until this evening).
Well fast forward to this year I have gotten a lot more pics of them in daylight hrs but most being night time. I got one pic of one shattin in my food plot :roll:
Well fast forward to today a cold front moved in along with rain just about all day. Off and on. Told guys at work that was gonna kill one this evening. I got off work at 3:30pm drove the 40 minutes home got my camo on,rifle,my fox pro spitfire with a sp60 speaker added, my lounger chair, and mojo and headed to my land. It’s 14 miles from where I live (eventually we gonna build a house out there). I was in a hurry cause it gets dark at 6:15pm or so. Got there at 4:30ish. Walked back to my biggest field got set-up with my call out 25 yards or so and my mojo and went back and set my chair up in under a cedar tree. It was a light drizzle but real windy prolly 30 mile hr winds and 48 degrees. Sit down reached in my pocket and it dawned on me I DIDNT BRING MY REMOTE. :angryfire: Got straight up left call and chair. Ran back to truck up a pretty good hill, got in truck and sped back home. Remote was on kitchen table where I left it. I’ve never done this before. Got back in truck and sped back out there. Thinkin the whole time. I hope a kill a coyote for doing all this nonsense. Lol. My fault though. That’s what gettin in a hurry will do. Got set back up around 5:40. Don’t have much time till dark. Fired call up on lightning jack and played it for prolly 6 minutes or so and muted it. Scanned area. Waited a few and turned it on coyote female wimpers. Played that for a few. Nothing. Waited few more and put it on coyote pup screams and played it a few then went in to coyote pup distress 3. It’s getting kinda dark at this point. Nothing. Turned it off. I can still see the field but visabity is fading quick. About 6:10pm I spotted a coyote trottin straight to me. Put scope on it and followed it then it veered going off to my right, at about 75 yards I let out a merrrrrrr (or however it’s spelled y’all know what it is) and let .223 eat with a .55 grain ballistic . First one I had to spin around for a few seconds then it was over. I was so happy. I was stoked. Feels good on my own land. Some of ya may be thinkin really it’s just a coyote but you just don’t understand it gets my blood boiling. I LOVE IT.
1C0A478B-FCB2-435E-8742-814109A87129.jpeg
9BA616B5-E339-4F2E-BC13-B5E1328ADEC1.jpeg
Here’s the one shattin in my food plot 😂
7EF7C4A2-5EEC-4199-9167-F1BE4C286396.jpeg
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: A well deserved coyote

Post by Hognutz »

Congrats on killing the yote, Raspy.they are great fun to shoot! I know the feeling you get when killing those nasty buggers. I don't much actively hunt for them, just shoot the ones that present themselves in the field behind my house. It is exhilarating, to say the least.
Keep up the good work, Buddy..Well done!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Lookin good Raspy, glad you got him. Get em all.
Since we are not allowed to shoot at night here, I finally settled for can dog food, and fly bait.
Got tired of seeing them on game cam every single night. :thumbup:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

coyote dropping a hokie in your food plot! :lol:

glad you connected on one

hope you kill many more on your property as the other critters will be thankful

coyote hunting ranks right up there with turkey deer and waterfowl for me

it does get your heart thumping and thats the fun part :thumbup:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
derbyacresbob

Post by derbyacresbob »

Congratulations on getting the coyote on your own land OLE RASPY!

That looks like a pretty big coyote.

Watching those coyotes come in never gets old.

I am going out tomorrow for my first try at calling in some coyotes for this 2017/2018 season.
Foxpro Field Staff
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Good job OLE RASPY!!! Get um all!!! :thumbup:
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

That's one mean lookin' yote and glad ya' got him out of the gene pool!! :thumbup:

The last pic. looks a lot like the pic. I got last fall at my food plot :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Good job!!! after a long hiatus from doing it I'm back. Sal got it in her head she wants to do it. She went out bought a fox pro and decoy thingy. I warned her, it's the toughest thing you're ever gonna hunt. We've went a few times so far.

I'm fortunate I know pretty much every farmer within a half hour from goose and turkey, so I got more places than I'll probably use. I'm also excited for cat season, I have alot of spots I see cat sign on the river.

I always used hand calls back in the day with good success, still figuring out what I need to use on e caller.

I'm excited, hate deer waiting, waterfowl isn't as important to me anymore. Told sal that first comes in you'll be hooked. I've always said you take a guy that regularly calls and kills yotes, he would be hell on turkey
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Yea i got hooked probaly 8 years ago on using calls to call them in. I’ve killed a bunch before that deer hunting or whatever but it changes the game when using calls.ill still take one deer hunting but not as fun. . I hunt other people’s farm and kill yotes but this is my first one on my land that I own so that makes it even better for me.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Congrats on the Yote Jerrod ! Kill all them suckers ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Congrats!

My son and I tried to slip within range of one in a hay field before he killed his deer on Thursday, but it was covering too much ground and eventually spotted us in blaze orange.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

hobbes wrote: October 24th, 2017, 1:12 pm Congrats!

My son and I tried to slip within range of one in a hay field before he killed his deer on Thursday, but it was covering too much ground and eventually spotted us in blaze orange.
Yep they are hard to slip up on.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

Return to “Predator Calling”