Found another use for my Foxpro Fury e-caller today!

Techniques and calls.
derbyacresbob

Found another use for my Foxpro Fury e-caller today!

Post by derbyacresbob »

I went out to do some coyote calling today and went through the ranch gate at 12:15 pm.

This ranch is on both sides and the top of a small mountain range that is about 3,000 to 3,500 ft elevation on the top of the main ridge.

I made 3 stands and only saw one coyote that I was not able to get a shot at.

On the 4th stand I was looking over a flat area in a bowl pretty close to the top of the mountains. There was about 50 cows and calves out in the flat area in front of me when I started up my Foxpro Fury.

Almost all of the cattle slowly started to leave. When I was done with this stand there was one black cow that didn't go with the other cattle. The black cow was still there when I was driving off to make another stand.

On the next stand I stopped just short of a saddle in the ranch road. I parked my truck and walked up to the saddle to where I could see into the next little valley or bowl. I was laying prone with my truck about 50 yards behind me and my Fury about 50 yards in front of me.

You can see my Fury setting on the right hand side of the road.

I started out playing Prairie Dog Distress and within just a few minutes I saw a coyote stop on top of a little ridge or hill 100 yards away to my left.

I shot this coyote with my 22-250 with a Nosler BT 50 gr Lead Free Varmint bullet. Within 10 seconds of seeing that coyote fall dead another coyote about 50 yards higher up the hill stopped and was looking for the first coyote. So I shot that one too.
Both coyotes were on that little ridge or hill on the left of the above picture.

I made another 4 stands without seeing anymore coyotes. It was getting late so I was done calling and on my way to head home.

When I got up close to the top of the main mountain range I saw a little black calf laying in the grass all alone. Then I thought about the black cow that I saw a few hours earlier about a half mile away up over the mountain top.

I just drove right by the black calf and drove over towards where I saw the black cow earlier, she was still there.

I drove by her and got out of my truck and got her started towards the black calf but she was still about a half mile from the calf that was over the main ridge from the cow.

The cow started heading east when she needed to go north. She went over the mountain top and out of sight.

I didn't know what to do and I really wanted to get her paired up with her calf before it got dark.

I was driving my truck back up towards where the cow was headed when I thought about the Calf Distress sound on my Fury and how it drives the cows crazy.

I pointed my truck in the direction of the calf over the ridge. I put my Fury and SP-60 Speaker on the ice chest in the back of my truck.

I started playing the Calf in distress sound on full blast, it only took a few minutes and I spotted the big black cow running up the ridge towards my truck.

When the black cow got within 200 yards of my truck I started driving towards the calf. The calf in distress sound blasting out of the back of my truck while I was driving pulled that cow all the way up to where the calf was.
I couldn't have hauled that cow up to her calf that easy If I would have had the cow in a trailer. LOL

I will never forget what I saw happen today!
Foxpro Field Staff
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Found another use for my Foxpro Fury e-caller today!

Post by guesswho »

I was almost afraid to open this thread.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

guesswho wrote:I was almost afraid to open this thread.
guesswho--It could have happened that way .. but someone sure was quick to think & see what needed to be done!!
Perfect ending to a great day's hunt !!
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump »

She knew where that little baby was. Good job on the yotes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

That's cool bob. Good job.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

Return to “Predator Calling”