what kind to you wear?

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

what kind to you wear?

Post by Turkey Talker »

What terrian are you in? What boots do you wear? How do they feel?
I'm in the market for some new boots, I currently wear rocky snake boots, they worked great so far, just worn out so I need a new pair.
FOX FIRE

Re: what kind to you wear?

Post by FOX FIRE »

Work boots works for me, but I can see he benifits of snake proof boots in the spring.
When I was just a baby my mama told me son, always be a good boy & dont ever play with guns.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

lacrosse rubberboots if it is not too hot.
Mike
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

ncturkey wrote:lacrosse rubberboots if it is not too hot.
I wear those 90% of the time. About the only time I wear something else is when I'm hunting high altitude.
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

danner jackalII's.love um
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I have MUCK rubber boots for wet weather and just bought some 400 gram Danner somethings.........they are discontined, heck I can't remember what their name is, but I like them????
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Danner Pronghorn Snake Boots- Anytime I am in snake country and the temp is above 0 degrees.. Also quite a bit around home because they are so dang comfy..

Drake Mudder knee high rubber/neoprene- When its muddy rainy nasty or crossing a bunch of creeks..

Danner Vanish 6 inch- Hot and runnin and gunnin.. More comfy than a tennis shoe.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I wear zip-up Rocky Rattlers most of the time, but sometimes I wear some Danner upland boots with Snake Guardz over them. I feel like I need the snake protection, but I don't need waterfroof cause I get in water over the boots on almost every hunt. :(

Mike
Ultimate Predator
Treerooster

Post by Treerooster »

I'm like Hal. Lacrosse ankle fit rubber boots 90% of the time unless I am in hilly country, then I have some Danner Pronghorns. Lacrosse has some felt liners that make a huge difference in comfort for me, I never go without them.

I have also hunted in Lacrosse ankle fit hip waders when I think I may have to cross shallow rivers and creeks. I can walk for miles in those hip waders (what some call "the Alaskan tennis shoe") and not feel bogged down at all.

I tried a pair of those neopreme and rubber boots. Took less than an hour before I had my first hole in the neopreme!! I can see neopreme for fishing or waterfowl hunting where I am not walking through brush much. But I just can't see the logic, or benefit, of neopreme on a knee high boot. Am I missing something here?
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Treerooster wrote:

I tried a pair of those neopreme and rubber boots. Took less than an hour before I had my first hole in the neopreme!! I can see neopreme for fishing or waterfowl hunting where I am not walking through brush much. But I just can't see the logic, or benefit, of neopreme on a knee high boot. Am I missing something here?
See I had the opposite results.. For years I bought rubber Lacrosse Burleys, Rocky Rubber boots, Itasca etc and was lucky to get half a season out of them.. Than when the alpha burly came out which is a hybrid rubber/neo boot I had great results and they were the elcheapo green ones.. Sal has had a pair of Alpha Burly 1600 for about 8 years now... I got a pair of Drake Mudders which are a hybrid rubber/neo and they survived last turkey season, this fall duck deer and goose hunting..

I have no experience with the muck style rubber lower neo upper boots..But I got sal a pair of the Under Armour Bottomland boots so we will see this spring..
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

The Lacrosse boots I'm wearing now are in their 4th season, of high use. The previous pair lasted me 14 years, of heavy use. I had to put on one patch over that time.
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Danner Pronghorn snake boots when it's rainy, muddy, or even dewey. Regular Pronghorns for the remaining 10% of the time when it's dry.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote:Danner Pronghorn snake boots when it's rainy, muddy, or even dewey.

The GTX's?

$180 is fair price if they are comfy. How water proof are they and have they stood the test of time?
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

No I saw them.. Do not know why they would stray from the Pronhorn Snake boot design as they are so well loved.
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Turkey Talker wrote:http://www.cabelas.com/product/Danner-J ... l+Products

anybody tried these?
They released those right after I bought my last set of Pronghorns. I'd be interested in those, too.

BTW, I haven't had any waterproof issues with mine yet. My older, regular Pronghorns start to seep a little after about three or four years of hard use...but that only happens when the boots stay submerged for a while.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

I think i might go check em out at bass pro before i buy em. And when i buy them, it will be with my discount points!!
http://www.basspro.com/Danner-Jackal-II ... 557/137272
SCtrkyhntr

Post by SCtrkyhntr »

95% of the time Dan's waterproof/snake proof hip boots. Basically a muck boot with hip high waterproof snake chaps attached. I hunt swamps with lots of water and snakes.
Cont520

Post by Cont520 »

Muck boots here I am going on 2 years with them where my other boots only lasted 7-8 months. I hunt hard and walk long distances through nasty swamps during deer season and turkey. Muck boots are the only thing thats held up
Double beard guide service LLC
joshua

Post by joshua »

Going on my 4th season with Lacrosse Alpha-Burly sports. Some of the best money I've ever spent on hunting equipment.
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

Keen Targhee II Mid's. Everywhere I hunt.
FuzzSawyer

Post by FuzzSawyer »

Usually Lacrosse alpha burly sports for me, but my last pair are about done. I bought a pair of Under Armour's last fall and so far I'm happy with them.
Splittoe

Post by Splittoe »

I got some Redhead Snake boots. Lasted about two years, but I think this maybe their last turkey season. They gettin in bad shape.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I have a pair of green kangaroo boots that I wear. They are light as a feather. If it is wet, I have a pair of Cabela's Outfitters, that are waterproof, and insulated, if the weather is cold. It usually is. No snakes to worry about up here..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
sugarray

Post by sugarray »

I bought a pair of Rocky Lynx uninsulated and they were great. Walking through high grass, my lower leg pants were wet, but not high enough to feel wet on my skin. I have an 800 g insulated pair that are great as well. Before this I wore Cabela's Duratrax uninsulated and they were hot, but wore out after only 2 season.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”