Which Reflex sight?

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
wbpc

Which Reflex sight?

Post by wbpc »

What is the best reflex sight to purchase? I have read good reviews on the Mueller and Burris Fastfire. I like the ability of multiple reticles on the Mueller, but I like the battery life of the Fastfire. Also what will be the best way to mount to a 870 youth 20 gauge?
ccleroy

Which Reflex sight?

Post by ccleroy »

Burris Fastfire, hard to beat them.
Treerooster

Re: Which Reflex sight?

Post by Treerooster »

I have a Trijicon Reflex 2 sight on my gun. No batteries to go dead...no on-off switch to remember...no having to adjust for low or bright light. Just put it on your gun, sight it in, and you are good to go for about 15 years and then you get it recharged.
turkeybuster

Post by turkeybuster »

C-moore...railway..5 years and still on the same battery.
FullChoke

Post by FullChoke »

I have a Mueller QuickShot on an 870 20 gauge. They have great reliability records at half the price of Burris Fastfires. If money is no objective, you can spend a lot more and get really fine sighting devices. Nothing wrong with the Burris, Trijicon etc., but if you use those sights to set the quality to cost ratio, the Mueller becomes very attractive. No problems with the sight at all this last season.

As far as mounting, I drilled and tapped the receiver and mounted a Weaver Picatinney type rail to it.

FullChoke
Central MS
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

The above listed are all good. I have Trijicon, Aimpoint and Burris. My Trijicons are the older Reflex models. Trijicon has come out with a mini version (RMR) that utilizes the tritium lamp and fiber optics system of the larger sights and scopes.
Add Docter and Eotech to the list of topline dot systems. They are pricey but well made. The Fastfire series from Burris resembles the Docter which is made in Germany and predates the Burris.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I have hunted a Burris FastFire II for 3 seasons and never had any problems at all. If need be, I would(will) buy another one. It's light-weight, compact, and seems pretty tough.

Mike
Ultimate Predator
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

EOTech is best IMO but the others on here are just as good. Can you go check them all out somewhere? see which one YOU would like.
mossy835

Post by mossy835 »

My Mueller is going on it's third season with the original battery. Lost vision in my shooting eye forced this and the little Mueller has not failed me. I did find that using loctite on the mounting screws to the rail is a must with magnum loads though. Very happy with the reliability and quality!
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

You can't go wrong with the Burris FF. A very tough site. I have them on both my Rem 870 20 ga Youth model guns.

wbpc

Which Reflex sight?

Post by wbpc »

Thanks guys! I wish I had a place near by where I could look at each sight but I don't. By the posts on here it sounds like as long as I get the one I like best I should have a quality sight. More than likely I will either get the FF or mueller due to price, but I am not sure yet.
JUGHEAD

Post by JUGHEAD »

Get the FFIII and get it mounted down low on the Marlin 336 mount. That Mueller is a fine sight, but that thing sits up WAY too high for my liking up on top of a weaver rail like that. I like low and compact myself.
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

JUGHEAD wrote:Get the FFIII and get it mounted down low on the Marlin 336 mount. That Mueller is a fine sight, but that thing sits up WAY too high for my liking up on top of a weaver rail like that. I like low and compact myself.

My thoughts exactly.

Mike
Ultimate Predator
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

bought my wife Sally a Vortex Strike Fire with low mount
Camo Solutions http://www.camo-solutions.com
Red Hawk Archery Pro Staff http://www.redhawk-archery.com
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ArkansasDon wrote:bought my wife Sally a Vortex Strike Fire with low mount
I found those for 169.00 on sale.. how long have you used them?
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ArkansasDon

Post by ArkansasDon »

havent put it on the gun yet, still in the box. I'm a Vortex fan. I have Vortex optics on most of my firearms. Their great optics, I have thie Viper Series on my Long Range Rifle, 7mm Improved. Less than 1/2" MOA @ 100yrds
Camo Solutions http://www.camo-solutions.com
Red Hawk Archery Pro Staff http://www.redhawk-archery.com
chatterbox

Post by chatterbox »

I just put a Burris FFIII on my 835, and I really like it. It sits low, can really take a beating, and can handle the magnum rounds without loosing zero.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

MKW wrote:
JUGHEAD wrote:Get the FFIII and get it mounted down low on the Marlin 336 mount. That Mueller is a fine sight, but that thing sits up WAY too high for my liking up on top of a weaver rail like that. I like low and compact myself.

My thoughts exactly.

Mike
x3

I bought a Mueller and used it for 2 seasons. Never really liked it and missed 2 birds with it. I decided to try the Burris fastfire 3 and I wish I had bought it in the first place. I bought the mueller figuring it was cheaper and I would take my chances. Live and learn should have went with the Burris first and saved 100 bucks.
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Sloppy_Snood wrote:Hands down: Trijicon RMR Reflex Sight (Click Here)
awesome! u can almost buy 3 FF for the expensive model. but would be cooool to have!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

Burris Fastfire or DoctorOptics reddot
Ticeman

Post by Ticeman »

Fast Fire II, love that little thing! use it on several of my pea shooters, including my 500 S&W.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”