New tent option out there

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
savduck

New tent option out there

Post by savduck »

Have always wanted a nice canvas tent. Kodiak came out with this tent a few months back. Have been waiting for them to deliver it. She showed up Friday so had to set it up. A great option for the traveling hunter.

https://youtu.be/TUHo-j6wpwM
Dtrkyman

Re: New tent option out there

Post by Dtrkyman »

That is a nice set up. I have been thinking about a base type camp, but like to be mobile and sleep in my Grand Cherokee. Plus when it gets too cold I keep the key inside my sleeping bag and hit the remote start!!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

That's definently a nice tent and your review was great. Hope you have many memorable hunts and family outings in it.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Looking forward to 2021 just so we all get to hunt!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Nice tent. I've stayed in a big wall tent camp a few times elk hunting. The camp is the best part.
I recently bought a big 8 person Cabela's dome tent that I found on Craigslist. I'm planning to use it during turkey season this year.
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

That would make for a comfortable camp. Plenty of room for everything.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Del, looks comfortable. Just be sure to set it up at home to dry out afterwards. I lent a tent to a friend who didn't dry it out, gave it back mildewed with some decay and ruined. I ain't forgotten.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Get some orange surveyor's tape to tie onto the ground ties. You'll be amazed how much that will save potential problems, especially near the entrance.
savduck

Post by savduck »

Great tips thank yall.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Check on the manufacturers recommended waterproofing for the tent and apply on a windless, warm, sunny day w/ a spray painting system and let it set until totally dry and the odor is abated. You really can't over waterproof a canvas tent. You're going to love a wall tent. When camping at primitive sites w/ no tent pad, we always carry a few bales of straw to spread on the ground especially when the ground is wet or rain is anticipated. A large Eze-up placed adjacent to the tent entrance provides a great place to sit, cook, and store goods you don't want to drag into the tent. As mentioned earlier, make sure the tent is totally dry before storing and avoid creating crease lines , especially on the roof when folding.
savduck

Post by savduck »

They actually said there is no need to waterproof it. Their canvas is good for life with out. Went through a 7 inch rain storm the other day. Dry as a bone. Pretty impressed.

This one also comes with a heavy rubberized floor for the main tent. The enclosure is open ground. Got a nice heavy tarp for it
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

think I'm retiring my tent this year....thanks for sharing this option. I have been contemplating the Cabelas 4 season tent
savduck

Post by savduck »

gaswamp wrote: April 27th, 2020, 7:16 am think I'm retiring my tent this year....thanks for sharing this option. I have been contemplating the Cabelas 4 season tent
Its the real deal. Worth every cent
IMG_20200411_142135.jpg

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”