spring turkey hunting boots

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
Tidewater Tom

spring turkey hunting boots

Post by Tidewater Tom »

Hi folks. I hunt in the spring in SE Virginia and NE North Carolina. Looking for a lightweight pair of boots that breath, are water-resistant/waterproof, and uninsulated. I hate hot feet, but wet feet and socks are miserable too. Any recommendations?

Re: spring turkey hunting boots

Post by 935 »

Thank you Lord for creating these wonderful birds and allowing us to chase after them.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I have had three different brands of "breathable" waterproof snake boots and all eventually leaked despite recommended care and treatment. Fish can breath in water so I suppose they were technically "breathable" if my feet were trout. Dew on grass was enough to soak my feet. I finally went to LeChameau Chasseurs, latex rubber with baffled zipper. Leather lined which minimizes the pancho effect. I wear Turtleskin gaiters over them. Boots aren't inexpensive but may outlast me and are the most comfortable boots I've owned. Gil
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

If I had the cabbage I would buy russel moccasins
El Sicario
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

How high
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Danner makes a 10" waterproof,vibrom resoleable, 200 gm thinsolate boot which will serve you all turkey season and until it gets bitterly cold. I wear mine pheasant and quail hunting even when it's in the teens and twentys, since your active and moving. Sitting in a deer stand when it's that nippy wearing them, NO! I've worn out 4 pairs of snake boots while turkey hunting, and the only venomous bite from a copperhead occurred while wearing sandels. These days, I'm more concerned about venomous snakes when sitting down or crawling around in the woods. It really has to be a big snake to strike above 10", and I'm operating on the theory that I'll probably see a snake that big. I've got snake proof leggings for really bad snake country.
hh4whiskey

Post by hh4whiskey »

I’m getting ready to get my old green Irish setter bird hunters restored, but after 25+ years and no telling how many thousands of miles of upland and turkey hunting all over the south, I can’t complain. I’d buy another pair in a heartbeat, but you can’t get the green ones anymore....the brown are probably just as good. ;). Hard to beat for the $
Skimerhorn

Post by Skimerhorn »

X2 for the irish setter

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”