Knight n hale run n gun series vests

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
SCSWAMP

Knight n hale run n gun series vests

Post by SCSWAMP »

I just purchased both vest from the run n gun series from knight n hale. I couldnt decide between the 2 so I figured to get both and whichever one I dont like I will send back or sell. And just wanted to give a break down from what I noticed between the 2.

The RNG 200 is the perfect vest for a minimalist like myself. Just the right amount of pockets on the front to carry the essentials that you will need access to quickly. 2 pot call pouches, 4 striker loops, 1 box call pouch on the left side. Magnetic mouth call pouch that will hold 3 calls, a large pouch that fits gloves and headnet with shell loops inside and 2 more decent sized storage pockets for kind of a catch all. The 200 cubic inch bladder acceptable back pack is perfect for those extras that you dont use but once in a blue moon. I am a average sized guy at around 5'9" and 160#s and I found this vest to fit better that the 300 did.

The RNG 300 I would still consider a minimalist vest but definitely alot more pockets that you have an urge to fill. Also the material comes up higher on the sides of the chest and I noticed that it wasnt stiff enough to stand up and wanted to fold over kind of blocking access to the box call and slate call pouches. Not a huge deal but between that, not being able to get as "athletic" of a fit, and just more pockets than necessary, I had to go with the 200.

I hope this finds some people well because there isn't a lot of reviews on these vests and although i haven't ran it in the woods, I believe that it is the best vest I have found. I've got experience with ol tom, cabelas super tater, NWTF that is similar to the new nomad.
paboxcall

Re: Knight n hale run n gun series vests

Post by paboxcall »

Picked up a 300 last fall, and liked it immediately over my Nomad. Haven't hunted it yet, just appreciate the layout / design. I hunted the Nomad last spring, it just didn't suit my style, felt like I had to make it work for me instead of the other way around.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
gatrkyhntr

Re: Knight n hale run n gun series vests

Post by gatrkyhntr »

Does the 200 have back padding,can it be worn as a loose fit vs athletic tight fit?

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”