MCARBO SITE

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

MCARBO SITE

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well, I think it's good when we review products from other websites, etc. My son recently bought a new Savage Axis on black Friday from Cabela's. Well, needless to say, the trigger was horrible. I Googled triggers/jobs, etc on this gun. The site MCARBO came up and I looked at them. They offer spring kits for a ton of guns. I'm not a gunsmith, expert by any means, but I thought, what the heck. I ordered the spring kit for $15.95. They have YouTube videos for all their installations. I watched it and had the spring switched out in about 10 minutes. I don't have a trigger gauge, but it made a huge difference in the weight of the pull and took all the creep out of the trigger. I am very pleased along with my son with the difference this made and how simple it was. I am going to probably switch out the springs on my (2) Remington 870's turkey guns. I realize this may be old news to some, but for a poor simple minded boy like me, I'm jumping up and down!

Thanks,

Kevin

https://www.mcarbo.com/
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: MCARBO SITE

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

No accutrigger Sal's rifle has one and it's great
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Its the Savage Axis XP ll that has the accu-trigger. What caliber did he get ? You messing with me about the huge difference, that's what kept me from getting the XP. The XP ll is a lot more money. :banghead:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

I have installed MCARBO trigger spring kits on several of my guns. Marlin 60, a couple of 870s and an 1100. Latest install was on my Tristar Viper .410. Results depend on how heavy the trigger was to start with. Typically trigger pull is reduced by 2-3#s measured with my digital trigger gauge. Fast shipping and excellent customer service. Veteran owned.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

spider316 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 1:03 pm Its the Savage Axis XP ll that has the accu-trigger. What caliber did he get ? You messing with me about the huge difference, that's what kept me from getting the XP. The XP ll is a lot more money. :banghead:
Not joking, for $20 shipped to your door, it was well worth it. I can't tell you how many pounds it cut off, but they say 2-3 lbs as stated above. I was shocked that it eliminated all the creep and it had quite a bit.

Oh he got it in 6.5 CREEDMOOR..................HECK YEA!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

CamoMan4025 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 5:38 pm
spider316 wrote: December 15th, 2019, 1:03 pm Its the Savage Axis XP ll that has the accu-trigger. What caliber did he get ? You messing with me about the huge difference, that's what kept me from getting the XP. The XP ll is a lot more money. :banghead:
Not joking, for $20 shipped to your door, it was well worth it. I can't tell you how many pounds it cut off, but they say 2-3 lbs as stated above. I was shocked that it eliminated all the creep and it had quite a bit.

Oh he got it in 6.5 CREEDMOOR..................HECK YEA!
Your killing me, and remember Santa is watching ! :banghead:
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
deerhunt1988

Post by deerhunt1988 »

I bought an 870 spring from them. Very pleased with it!
Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

MCARBO spring kit for the Rem 870/1100/11-87 isn't as good as a Timney trigger kit with sear, but well worth the money. MCARBO spring for my Tristar .410 reduced trigger pull from 5.5#s to 3.5#s. I'm very happy with the results. Not many after market parts available for Tristars yet.
Skimerhorn

Post by Skimerhorn »

I put one in my 870 20ga and it made a big difference
forkedlighting

Post by forkedlighting »

Ordered the kit for .y 6.5 creedmoor worked good nice co.pany makes good stuff at a reasonable price

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I’ve put them on some Mossbergs in the past. I was surprised at the improvement.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
paboxcall

Post by paboxcall »

guesswho wrote: August 14th, 2020, 12:26 pm I’ve put them on some Mossbergs in the past. I was surprised at the improvement.
My experience as well. Just did a Mossberg 500 trigger spring kit last week. Definitely an improvement. As the OP noted, MCARBO's install video made the job easy, excellent company.
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer

Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”