Zamberlan Boots

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Zamberlan Boots

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I've been doing some research regarding a good quality hunting boot for out west next fall. I read one article that mentioned Zamberlan. They have awesome reviews. I realize this may open up a can of worms, but I was just wondering if anybody ever had a pair of these. I currently have a pair of Under Armour boots that have 800 grams of insulation. The Under Armour boots are comfortable and fine for Virginia, but I'm not sure if I could walk in them five or six miles a day for a week?? The boots I have posted below only have 400 grams. Apparently this company does not insulate their boots except for this pair. I'm not sure the reasoning behind this. They are a little pricey, but I have a website I can order them from and save $130.

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/product/16 ... shark-camo

Thanks,

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Zamberlan Boots

Post by soiltester »

Ouch on the $'s, so make sure you order the right size :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Can't recommend them highly enough. I have a pair of 8" tall lightweight, uninsulated, Gore-tex Zamberlans that I practically stole from Sierra Trading Post for $110 on clearance 6-8 years ago. They were comfortable out of the box, fit me like a glove, and are still leak-proof after 100s and 100s of miles of grouse hunting in very challenging terrain (WNC mountains). Like them so much that I checked Zamberlan's website about getting another pair, and they are $300, ouch!

Planning a trip to NZ next May for red stag and himalayan tahr and need a pair of mountain type boots. Did lots of research and ended up ordering a pair of Zamberlan 980 Outfitter GTX RRs from Lathrop and Sons for $390. That's a lot of coin but not as much as a pair of Kenetreks ($460), Crispis, etc. I have worn them a few times on short walks to break them in. They fit just like my first pair of Zamberlans but are going to require some break in. They are stiff by design to provide ankle support in the rocks.

These boots are uninsulated but should be perfect for NZ where I do not expect severe cold in May. I think my feet would get too hot walking mile after mile in insulated boots.

The main thing in buying boots, as I'm sure you know, is to make sure they fit. It would be great to be able to try on several brands to find what fits your foot the best, but that is very hard to do. That is one of the main reasons I went with Zamberlan. My first pair fit me so well, and I was hoping that their entire line would fit the same, and these do. Both pairs of mine run true to size. As long as they fit you well, I don't think you will be disappointed with Zamberlan. They are extremely well made.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Zamberlan gives you a chart to go by and how to measure your foot. I may cheat and order a pair from Amazon to make sure they fit then order the correct size from the other discounted website. The other site is "ExpertVoice". I'm not sure of the criteria to join, but it will save me a ton on these boots.

Thanks
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

When do you plan to hunt? September or October? I wear uninsulated boots most of the season into November, but I'm hiking and don't require insulation. However, if I was sitting for long I'd want insulation. Some folks get cold feet fast though. I don't if I'm moving.
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Same here.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I will be going October 2020 and can probably get by with uninsulated ones. What I was figuring is when I hunt in VA, I mainly sit in a treestand; therefore require insulation. This would be my go to hunting boots.
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

Sounds like you need insulation. My feet used to get cooooold while sitting in treestands and duck boats, so I know the need.
xarcher

Post by xarcher »

I bought a pair of Zamberlan Lynx GTX this year and hunted with them right out of the box. They rubbed my heel a bit until broken in. But they are lightweight and solid as advertised.
trainman14

Post by trainman14 »

anything Italian is great
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Well mine will be here Tuesday. I'm looking forward to them!

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”