Jaccard manual meat tenderizer

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
decoykrvr

Jaccard manual meat tenderizer

Post by decoykrvr »

If you don't have or use one --Buy one!!! Several years ago I was introduced to the Jaccard,, a manual spring loaded multi-blade meat tenderizing tool. I use my Jaccard on any and all meats which I am going to marinate or which need to be tenderized by manually penetrating and cutting the tissue ie., ducks, geese, cranes, turkey breast , venison, and tougher cuts of beef. The best of the Jaccards has 45 blades and are @ $25-30. There are various Jaccard clones, but I have no experience with the others, but have owned 2 Jaccards for over 20 years w/ no problems. My first Jaccard was a lessor 24 blade unit which I gave to my brother-in-law, which did the job, but not as effectively as the 45 blade version. If you cook, grill, or smoke or use a meat hammer to tenderize your meat you will definitely benefit from using a Jaccard. I marinated, bacon wrapped and cherry wood cooked two Jaccarded Sandhill Crane breasts this week and would put them up against the best choice Ribeye-Eye or NY Strip. PM me with any questions.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Jaccard manual meat tenderizer

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Been using them for years, first time was on duck breast, turned it to pate lol once I learned how effective it is, used it right it's an amazing tool. Blows mallet away. Also helps get marinade into meats.
Limb Hanger

Post by Limb Hanger »

I have one. It works good on gator and conch. Don't really need it for deer meat but sometimes I use it to make country fried steak out of a store bought rib eye-crazy good. Easy to take apart and clean in the dishwasher. Ive used it for fried wild turkey but probable wasn't necessary.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I have been using my 48er for probably 10 years of more.
For those with an adventurous spirit:

DO NOT TEST THE SHARPNESS WITH ANY BODY PARTS!!!!

I thought I'd add some pics for those who may not know to what we are referring.
01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I was jaccarding (a verb we created to denote the use of a Jaccard on meat) a bunch of mallard breast prior to marinating to make hot duck roll-ups w/ jalapenos, hot pepper cheese, wrapped in bacon, when one of the boys tested the Jaccard on the meaty part of his hand. A case of a sharp implement handled w/ too much pressure by an individual w/ too little common sense. Not good!!!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

decoykrvr wrote: October 15th, 2019, 4:18 pm I was jaccarding (a verb we created to denote the use of a Jaccard on meat) a bunch of mallard breast prior to marinating to make hot duck roll-ups w/ jalapenos, hot pepper cheese, wrapped in bacon, when one of the boys tested the Jaccard on the meaty part of his hand. A case of a sharp implement handled w/ too much pressure by an individual w/ too little common sense. Not good!!!
Did he preface his action by saying: "Here. Hold my beer & watch this!!"
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Probably a," Hold my beer. Let me see that thing."

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”