Ol Tom Vestless Shirt

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Ol Tom Vestless Shirt

Post by GLS »

Anyone have a recent mfg'd one? Are the sleeves waterproof? I have an early version that has an elegant solution to a problem that didn't exist. The sleeves were lined with a waterproof surface so that one's arms wouldn't get wet from morning dew, totally ignoring the poncho effect of sweat build up in the sleeves. IMO, a poor design for the Deep South. In overthinking a design "improvement", things were made worse. When it was cool, I could lessen the issue with a long sleeve undershirt. Not so this time of the year when such an undershirt is too hot. Gil
RapscallionVermilion

Re: Ol Tom Vestless Shirt

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

I have one purchased within the last six months. The sleeve is the same fabric as the non-mesh rest of the shirt. No added lining material to the sleeve.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

That's good to know. The other problem I had with the shirt was the coil zippers kept pulling apart off track. I remedied that by having a seamstress replace the original zippers with brass zippers. Do the pockets also close with magnets? That made compass reading a concern. Gil
RapscallionVermilion

Post by RapscallionVermilion »

Yes, both breast side access pockets still have the magnets in addition to the zippers.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”