seat cushions

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

seat cushions

Post by Gobbler »

I have noticed some talk on seat cushions lately.

I have a very hard time with any seat cushion no matter how thick. So years ago Mike Breedlove sold me one of his sportman supreme air cushions. It solved my pressure point problems I was always having. I was able to sit still for long periods of times.
Then I found another air cushion. But I can't remeber where i bought it. I think gander mountain or walmart.

These solved my problem with my bad hips at the time. After the replacements they became even more important. I have had success with the Gobbler Lounger also but it is heavy to carry.

Here are pictures of the two cusions I use. I take the cushion off the vest and use one of these.

This is the store bought one. You have to unzip it and put a bicycle pump to it to fill it.

Here is the Sportsman supreme. I like it cause you can fill it up with the tube he sells with it. Ingenious.

I don't know where to buy the one cushion but here is link to Breedlove's
http://www.breedlovesaircushion.com/index.htm

Hope this helps someone like it did me.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: seat cushions

Post by Turkey Talker »

Hey Doug, thanks for the website. I'm getting one of these for sure!
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

When I hunt run and gun I just clip the air cushion to my belt and go. Its awesome. I don't carry anything else just a couple calls and my gun.
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

Man, I love my lounger. I'd pay a lot more for a 3 pound one made out of carbon fiber if I could find one. I've got a bad disc in my back and the lounger lets me sit pain free for hours. It's not the padding that gets me it the lack of support on my back that makes me wiggle with out it. Deer hunting it's not as bad, because I sit for a few minutes then stand for a few. Plus when bow hunting I stand up the first and last hour of the day anyway.

That pad does look like it would keep your butt from going to sleep and wouldn't be as hot in the spring.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I also love my lounger. I have used both the lounger and the air cushion. It sits me up higher in thick stuff. And you can sit all day.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Air cushions are fine in a thornless environment that doesn't include Rio country in Terrell County, TX. There is no way that one can survive there based on my experience.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

GLS,

I carried the Gobbler Lounger when I was in Texas 2 springs ago. :thumbup: It was awesome cause not many things to set up again'st except a$$ whipping thorn bushes, cactus, rattle snake dens, etc.

And While were at it I would like to file a formal complaint. I was working a Rio when I heard something big coming up from behind charging at me. I jumped up blowing the hunt and ran from that giant rabbit. :mrgreen:
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

My buddy Jason took his blowup cushion to Texas and spent most of the trip sittin on the dirt.
Thorns will do it every time. I keep my wedge cushion for a backup but always carry my lounger.

John

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The Breedlove seat is the best seat I ever used
I thought you would be BIGGER
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

The place I hunt in TX has a fleet (2) of those old bright red Toyota pick-ups circa 1980s. The ranch hand can plug a tire in two minutes and needs to be able to as I've never seen a place like that ranch where bushes and plants can flatten tires quicker than a roofing nail.
2ounce6s

Post by 2ounce6s »

Dad likes the inner tube style cushions. Not sure how long he's used it but he sat it this spring. Found this old photo, ten years old or more.
P2100062.jpg
P2100062.jpg (203.23 KiB) Viewed 5687 times
Usahuntingear

Post by Usahuntingear »

I have 8 bad discs and a large plate in my neck, I swithced over making our seats of of this 3 inch foam we use, and I can even sit on it, we put them on our Runnin n Gunnin vests.
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

Gobbler, that Breedlove cushion looks really good! I have been using one of these seats that I bought for my dad back in the 90s when he was having hip trouble. When he passed away in 2000, I got it back and have carried it ever since. Its an aluminum frame and weighs almost nothing, and really helps my back problems. I've always put a cheap air cushion on it, and its always a source of problems. They never hold air very long, and by the end of the season they are usually worthless. But at least they are light.

Do you think the Breedlove cushion is small enough to fit on my little seat and light enough to still be able to carry it easily?

I bought a Gobbler Lounger this past season and used it a few times. I used it a couple of times when I had birds roosted and didn't have far to walk before daylight, and I could set it up in the dark without finding the perfect tree. But its so heavy that I'm not gonna routinely carry it.

Thanks for any help.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Yes that Breedlove would work. It has strap so carry is easy.
poorcountrypreacher

Gobbler wrote:Yes that Breedlove would work. It has strap so carry is easy.
Thanks! But will it strap to the seat so that I can carry it as one unit? The beauty of the little nwtf seat is that it weighs so little and carries so easily. And it sets up against a tree in an instant. I'll often be calling to a turkey and decide I ought to move 20 or 30' and can easily do it with this little rig. So do you think they will fit together well enough to become a single unit? Thanks again for posting about it.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I'll check it out tonight at home. I have a seat like you have. I'll see if it can be attached and let you know with a picture.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

It can be zip tied to seat. Probably two zips and your good to go.
I think you would love it. I may try your set up. I kind of liked how light that seat is and i have three of them in the warehouse just collecting dust.

poorcountrypreacher

Thanks for the pic! I'll be ordering one of those cushions, and I think you would really like that cushion a lot better on the little seat instead of just putting it on the ground. I love the way it allows me to keep me knees up so I can rest the gun on them in a ready position at all times.

Thanks for this thread!
poorcountrypreacher

Gobbler - Which model should I buy? The camo pattern makes no difference to me, I could buy the original or the Bow/Rifleman model that is made of chamois cloth and supposed to be quieter. Quiet is good when turkey hunting. Any reason not to go with that one?
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I just have the regular one. I have not had any noise issues. I really can't speak for the other one. I don't think you would go wrong with the regular one.
poorcountrypreacher

Gobbler wrote:I just have the regular one. I have not had any noise issues. I really can't speak for the other one. I don't think you would go wrong with the regular one.
Thanks! I'll order it and let you know how I like it.

And trust me - I really, really need a soft cushion. I won't go into details, but I will say my biggest problem is now behind me. :)
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I hear ya. I had double hip replacement. Before I could only sit on a air cushion. Now I still need them or I start to get pressure points and start moving. And Movement messes up silent Gobblers. My silent Gobbler kills went through the roof when I was able to remain still. :thumbup:
Shep

Post by Shep »

The lounger is the way to go but if you want a good cushion the Fat Boy is the best I have ever used.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

http://www.breedlovesaircushion.com/pro ... iginal.htm

Doug how much are you selling one the dust collecting frames for?
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I'll give you one. they are at the warehouse.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”