turkey seat butt hurt

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
firedup

Re: turkey seat butt hurt

Post by firedup »

Another lounger fan here. For any kind of extended sit they just can't be beat. I have the Cabelas gobbler lounger and a couple Walmart models ($9 each) and really don't see much difference performance. I modified mine with a headrest so I can sleep easier! LOL! Best off the ground seat I have ever came across was made by buckwing. All aluminum, folding adjustable legs and about 2 lbs. or so. They quit making them years ago unfortunately. Thro it over your shoulder and go all day. If anyone has one laying around not being used, pm me. ;)

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... at?a=31330
Brwndg

Post by Brwndg »

Wheel barrel inner tube. Been using one in a homemade pouch. Best thing going.
“If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend
lowoctane

Post by lowoctane »

Brwndg wrote:Wheel barrel inner tube. Been using one in a homemade pouch. Best thing going.
Glenda Green makes a inner tube covered seat that’s hard to beat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Benefactor
NAHC Life
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

lowoctane wrote: April 20th, 2022, 8:45 am
Brwndg wrote:Wheel barrel inner tube. Been using one in a homemade pouch. Best thing going.
Glenda Green makes a inner tube covered seat that’s hard to beat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the best way to contact her?
2nd100

Post by 2nd100 »

The Wally world turkey chair $ 27 ish .
The primos wingman chair $60 ish
Or my old go to one of the wheel barrow intertube seats MS Glenda Green makes.
They fit in the back of a turkey vest and have been outstanding except in Texas . I spent to much time fixing holes in that god forsaken environment .
And when its gona be super long sit I use a chair and a intertube holder .
10th Legion legionare !
RBMTDJager

Post by RBMTDJager »

I am the direct absolute opposite I do not understand how anyone (especially if you spent your working life as I have in a physically demanding industry beating the crap out of your body especially your hip joints, can sit on the ground for any length of time while turkey hunting and not experience considerable discomfort. Now add in the case of early mooring hunting in thick brush or tall grass or weeds, an utterly dew soaked and very itchy buttocks. Not to mention coming into contact with poison ivy and or thorn bushes when setting up against a tree in the total darkness of early morning.

Two new hips are in my not to distant future so a cushion is an absolute must have for me. And I quickly found out comfortable kids are quite and unmoving kids. When hunting on private ground or with my sons and sometimes myself use a Browning folding turkey chair. Yes it's a bit heavy but I have attached a good set of backpacking straps with chest strap and it hauls very nicely. I used black electrical tape and camo hockey tape to render the seats absolutely quiet. I use a black bungee cord also silenced to keep the seat(s) folded while being carried.

If running and gunning or taking my sons turkey hunting I personally use a Tidewe turkey vest with built in seat. Keep in mind my sons always use the browning turkey chairs and I use the Tidewe vest W/the built in seat more often than not and my boys are both 6'-3' and 290 I'm 6'-2' and 255 and we are more than comfortable enough to set as long as we wish or need.

What I absolutely love about both the Tidewe BIS turkey vest and the both the Browning turkey chairs is they in a blink of an eye allow you very quickly and quietly to set up and hunt essentially anywhere you want and in considerable comfort. Been using turkey chairs for 5 years now and can not tell you what a huge difference they have made in mine and my sons turkey hunting success being able to set one or both sons up close to me to maintain contact without spooking the birds where ever I need to on either roosted Toms or when we're sneaking-n-peaking-run-and-gunning and have to literally drop and set up after I got a Tom to gobble that was close and coming in.

Yes there is a bit of a trade off in extra weight and bulk. And yes you need to practice some to get down stone cold how to carry and deploy the seats but long before season my son's and I did practice sessions both in our yard and setting up in the public land areas we hunt in the pre dawn dark and in not all that many sessions setting up the chairs was second nature. It also allowed us to discover any sources of noise and eliminate them.

IMO what ever the shortcomings are of using a turkey seat are the are offset many many times by the advantages the seats give my sons and I.

Only down side is the Browning turkey chair is now selling for over 2x the cost I paid for mine, might as well buy the Tidewe built in seat vest for 30% more $$$

To each their own way to turkey hunt but I can never go back to simply sitting on a cushion (let alone no cushion) back against a tree let alone nothing ever again.
Eagle-Dawgs

Post by Eagle-Dawgs »

For many years now I have used the hunt comfort seats cushion. This year I retired my vest and started using it to turkey hunt. Best decision I ever made for my back side. You cannot waller this seat out. If waller is such a thing. Yes they are not cheap but you can't wear it out.

CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I have to say (even though RaspyD laughs at me) that my gobbler lounger is the BOMB! It's a pain in the butt to carry and it depends on where I'm hunting, but I take it 90% of the time. The one place I have to hunt doesn't have a lot of hardwood trees, more cedars making it almost impossible to pick a tree to sit against. Using the lounger takes all the guesswork away, it sets up anywhere and you don't need a tree behind you. Just my $.02.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”