turkey seat butt hurt

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
woodsman1977

Re: turkey seat butt hurt

Post by woodsman1977 »

Bought one of the turkey chairs at wally world today, really like the feel of it. We'll see how it is on uneven ground but excited to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mspaci

Post by mspaci »

I have the Browning(same thing as wally world), 5 lbs, ill lighten up some other way, but need the chair. It makes a huge difference. Mike
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

The Wal-Mart chairs have really helped kep my 13 yr-old son in the woods longer. Big game changer for us.
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

I used the Cabela's turkey lounge until it about fell apart from years of use. I bought a Wally World turkey chair which was a copy of the old Cabela's chair.
I carried it to TX deer hunting several years ago and everyone made fun of me and it. Now everyone of the guides and hunters are using them.
When I hunt, I make sure I have my gun, shells, and chair, everything else is extra.
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Gobbler chair or Breedloves Sportsman supreme air chusion is all I use.
The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Shooter - I believe that is the same as the "Beard Buster" seat I see on Amazon. I'm thinking of giving that a try, too.

I currently have a wedge foam seat like this, and it works fairly well. But like everyone else, I'm always searching for "better" with all my gear. lol
https://www.amazon.com/Outdoors-Therm-S ... B0034VP5IY

Beware of those nice webbed seats with the 4 individual feet. They are a good idea, but I tried one and it sank into soft ground too easily and left me sitting flat on the ground. A buddy found one somewhere with skid-type legs, which is better, but I've never seen another one anywhere.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

I use a Turkey Thugs Gobbler Chair. You can seat for hours in it. I seat for seven hours in mine before.
Mike
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Tidewater Tom wrote:
bowhunter2k9 wrote:Don't waste money. Get a 18$ Walmart turkey thug gobbler chair . I will never hunt without it again. I own 3[emoji23]
Is that available in stores? It's out of stock online.
Yes Walmart stores still have them. They may be going on sale soon.
Mike
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

The gobbler lounger is heavy to pack around, buy they definitely make it easy for a long sit on slow days.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

Gobbler wrote:Gobbler chair or Breedloves Sportsman supreme air chusion is all I use.
I second this.
Mike
aclawrence

Post by aclawrence »

Dang that Cabela’s lounger says it weighs 6lbs. Way too heavy but I bets it’s nice to sit in. Would be nice for shorter walks maybe.

Yule

Post by Yule »

Another happy user of the Cabelas seat.
Longspurs

Post by Longspurs »

The turkey seat delima.... weight vs comfort. I don't have much natural padding myself so I need at least a pad.I hunt public land and walk a lot so although the turkey chairs are comfortable there just too heavy for my hunting. I think we already have enough super shells and red dot scopes. Someone should be developing something useful like extremely lightweight silent turkey chair....I'd pay a lot more for one than I would a tungsten shell or scope for a shotgun lol.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I wore my Cabelas lounger out. It started to rattle and then one of the uprights tore through the backrest. Lighter would be better, but a lounger and a .410 weigh about the same as the 3 1/2" 12ga I used to carry.

If I can find a place that sells these https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spo ... /cat100884 I will put one on a scale. Adding something like that to a http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/sh ... rr-11.html might be the ticket.
WAGinVA

Post by WAGinVA »

If you decide to go with a lounger I strongly recommend the Alps version (they make the Browning Strutter). They are a lot better built than the Wally World version, hold up a lot better, and are significantly quieter.
BumbleFoot

Post by BumbleFoot »

Longspurs wrote: May 4th, 2018, 9:02 am The turkey seat delima.... weight vs comfort. I don't have much natural padding myself so I need at least a pad.I hunt public land and walk a lot so although the turkey chairs are comfortable there just too heavy for my hunting. I think we already have enough super shells and red dot scopes. Someone should be developing something useful like extremely lightweight silent turkey chair....I'd pay a lot more for one than I would a tungsten shell or scope for a shotgun lol.
If you lack natural booty pop or, like me, hate lugging around a confining chair...and $$$ is no object, consider padded underwear, silicone gluteal inserts, or fat cell transfer injections. Avoid the augmentation creams. They don’t work (my friends tell me).
model94

Post by model94 »

Browning Strutter Chair. Can't sit in anything else. I love this chair
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

I use the Cabela's lounger as well. Have three of them.

BUT, if I am working a bird and need to move or strike a bird and need to cover ground quickly, I just leave the lounger laying wherever I am and go sit on the ground.

The lounger makes those 2-4 hour birds a lot easier.
Bustinbeards

Post by Bustinbeards »

Fatboy coushion they are expensive but worth every penny if you have no arse
hh4whiskey

Post by hh4whiskey »

Broken tail bones, broken/fused lumbar spine, and not much padding.....and you’ll love carrying a few extra pounds just to be able to sit without fidgeting AND be able to move later. LOL
Before ‘loungers’ became a thing, I converted a couple of beach chairs .....cutting and rattle can Camo. . Not as quiet to set up unless you’re careful, and bulkier folded up, but the all aluminum ones are by far the lightest thing going. The ‘best’ one ain’t been made yet. If millennium made one, might be close.
If I gotta go ‘slick’, inner tube still beats cushions.
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

soiltester wrote: April 17th, 2017, 9:57 am
appalachianassassin wrote: Now a lounger chair .. I'd need help gettin' out of it :LMAO: :stir: :stir:
Another vote for the Cabela's lounger.

Getting up? Well, I ain't a spring chicken but I pretty much just roll out of it, get my knees and hands under me and stand up. Eventually. :lol:

They're real comfortable.
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

Well, over the years I used foam pads, the folding leg stool, and more recently, the lounge chair. Though a little more bulky carrying in it sure is more comfortable on long set ups. Still use a foam pad in a metal tree stand long sits. Gives my old bones a little comfort. I have the Ameristep lounger, son has the Cabelas' one. Numerous ones are comparable, but some creak when shifting in them. Try some out if you can before purchasing.
Don
hh4whiskey

Post by hh4whiskey »

If Millennium ever decides to put their mind to making one, everyone will want it. LOL

My Breedlove air cushion/inner tube has got to be over 25yrs old.
BeardBuster

Post by BeardBuster »

The Cabelas gobbler lounger will spoil you. Once you sit in it for a couple of hunts you won’t want anything else. That’s all I’ve used the last several years. I’ve got two. I don’t like the weight either but the comfort is worth it. I sat on a bird last year from 9 till 4 when I killed him. No way I could have done that without the gobbler lounger.

Bigvet

Post by Bigvet »

Ditto what BeardBuster said. But then my run and gun years are long gone. I am fortune to be able to pattern and sit. Lounger is the turkey equivalent of my Lazy Boy recliner.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”