turkey seat butt hurt

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
Tidewater Tom

turkey seat butt hurt

Post by Tidewater Tom »

I have been sitting in two kinds of foam-padded seats on the ground. One has a flip up back and the other is just a camo foam pad. I have no idea how one can endure sitting in these things for any amount of time. My son(13) and I have a hard time sitting for more than an hour or so on these things. Last hunt I ended up lying prone and watching turkeys feeding 20-ft away, but could not maneuver and see well. Is there a "go to" turkey seat out there you folks like? I see some that look like short lounge chairs that have arm straps for carrying that look like they'd work. I don't want to spring for a turkey vest yet, and I'm not sure how those seats would feel either. :banghead:
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: turkey seat butt hurt

Post by soiltester »

This is the type I use and always make sure I have a straight tree to have my back to!!
Strap goes over my shoulder easily and can carry my slinged shotgun & bag of decoys also!!

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/57823 ... gQodyRgOcQ
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

soiltester wrote:This is the type I use and always make sure I have a straight tree to have my back to!!
Strap goes over my shoulder easily and can carry my slinged shotgun & bag of decoys also!!

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/57823 ... gQodyRgOcQ
I have picked these up and looked at them and wondered how good they'd be often. Might give them a try. Thanks!
Swampchickin234

Post by Swampchickin234 »

You've got to get you a gobbler lounger! They are awesome! Cabelas makes em, you can get em at Walmart , alps makes em , browning. Get one with the back and your life will be changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rhs341

Post by rhs341 »

This is my 36th spring gobbler season.....I just bought one of these this year and I will NEVER hunt without it again, I don't know how I used a donut all these years.....I PROMISE you will not be disappointed with this chair.....and it has a lifetime warranty....
http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS- ... %2Blounger
bowhunter2k9

Post by bowhunter2k9 »

Don't waste money. Get a 18$ Walmart turkey thug gobbler chair . I will never hunt without it again. I own 3[emoji23]
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

The Cabelas lounger design is hard to beat if you can use it. It has a slight rattle to be careful about. It is not so handy if you have to move on a bird multiple times. Can't beat just a pad for that. The triple layer 2" thick Thermaseats are good pads.

A lounger and a 3.5# gun pretty much eliminates the challenges associated with sitting still and holding a gun up for extended periods.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Another vote for the Lounger.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Hard to beat a gobbler lounger. Sitting is so good it makes it worth carrying.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

I just use the cushion the good lord gave me.
El Sicario
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

appalachianassassin wrote:I just use the cushion the good lord gave me.

I use too also, till' I couldn't walk after sittin' still after 3 hrs. :o
Can't even get up & off that seat in a hurry, as my back injuries are takin' over these last few years :roll:
Now a lounger chair .. I'd need help gettin' out of it :LMAO: :stir: :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

appalachianassassin wrote:I just use the cushion the good lord gave me.
He didn't give me much of a cushion... :(
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

bowhunter2k9 wrote:Don't waste money. Get a 18$ Walmart turkey thug gobbler chair . I will never hunt without it again. I own 3[emoji23]
Is that available in stores? It's out of stock online.
bowhunter2k9

Post by bowhunter2k9 »

Tidewater Tom wrote:
bowhunter2k9 wrote:Don't waste money. Get a 18$ Walmart turkey thug gobbler chair . I will never hunt without it again. I own 3[emoji23]
I believe it is, I bought 1 last year and they were stocked up. Haven't looked this year
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

bowhunter2k9 wrote:
Tidewater Tom wrote:
I believe it is, I bought 1 last year and they were stocked up. Haven't looked this year
Gonna check at lunch. They look like all the other lounge chairs. Online they are $15.
bowhunter2k9

Post by bowhunter2k9 »

Tidewater Tom wrote:
bowhunter2k9 wrote:
Tidewater Tom wrote: Is that available in stores? It's out of stock online.
Gonna check at lunch. They look like all the other lounge chairs. Online they are $15.
They're very very close in design for 1/8 the cost. Yeah it was 15-18$ for me last year
gut_pile

Post by gut_pile »

I've gone to no cushion and won't ever look back. Cushion's seem to pinch my butt after a while and become uncomfortable
Tenth Legion: Class of 2004
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

gut_pile wrote:I've gone to no cushion and won't ever look back. Cushion's seem to pinch my butt after a while and become uncomfortable
OMG yes! I'd rather just sit on the ground. I had to leave early the other morning because my 13 year old son was complaining of how bad the seat felt. Below is what we were using.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... t&i=884103

That thing is a butt killer!
202P&Y

Post by 202P&Y »

I've had a turkey thug version from wal mart for 3 yrs now. Carry it all the time
Proverbs 3:5-6
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I went and looked at one yesterday. Didn't realize how heavy they were. Put it right back on the shelf. I move to much to be toting one around. I will say it was comfortable.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

guesswho wrote:I went and looked at one yesterday. Didn't realize how heavy they were. Put it right back on the shelf. I move to much to be toting one around. I will say it was comfortable.
that's where im at with a cushion. no doubt, they are comfortable. but, my style of huntin relies heavily on covering lots of territory and striking turkeys. my area is mountainous to say the least, plus a lounger wont fit in my pants pocket. :lol:
El Sicario
Tidewater Tom

Post by Tidewater Tom »

guesswho wrote:I went and looked at one yesterday. Didn't realize how heavy they were. Put it right back on the shelf. I move to much to be toting one around. I will say it was comfortable.
I just purchased 2 at WalMart. They are a bit heavy, but my style of hunting so far doesn't have me moving much. We hunt private land in a flat part of the world. I got them for $14.17 each. Store had them at $19.88 but I showed them the online price and they honored it. :thumbup:
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

I've got really bad back trouble and would have to give up turkey hunting if I had to sit on the ground. I do most of my hunting from an electric cart and keep 2 seats on it. One is similar to the link soiltester posted, but mine has legs on the front longer than the back so it sits level against a tree. I put an air cushion on top of it and it's reasonably comfortable and weighs next to nothing. I use it if I'm expecting a lot of walking. I bought it from the nwtf decades ago; not sure they are still made.

If I can drive the cart pretty close to the turkey, I pull out the gobbler lounger. It is about as comfortable as my recliner. I know I have killed some turkeys the past few years because of it. I wouldn't have been able to sit as long without it.
mspaci

Post by mspaci »

I used the browning turkey chair last year & it was great. Has an over the shoulder strap & I didn't find it heavy. For on the move hunting I just bring a few calls so it worked out great. Mike
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Don't know if any of you remember my post about cushions several months ago.
I have a sciatic nerve problem that flares up once a year or so.
Had a bunch of Gobblers in thick timber, kept me pinned down for and hour or more last year. Couldn't move an inch. Ya'll know the drill.
Took a week or better to get feeling back in that leg. Only had the thin pad that came with the vest at the time, and must have sat on a root or something underneath.
Well, found this one on ebay after looking at bunches. Actually came out of Murfreesboro too, but out of the Amazon warehouse there, not made there.
It is very light and 3" thick. I just vel-croed it to my existing pad, and so far works very well.
Attachments
20170418_165507.jpg

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”