Yeti

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
dirt road ninja

Re: Yeti

Post by dirt road ninja »

I've got a 70 quart Engel that I bought 2nd hand but never used and I can tell a vast difference in the ice keeping abilities of it compared to an older igloo marine ice chest. I also have a fridge ridge that does very good. Now would I pay full price for a new one? Nope.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote:I usually drink up a cooler full of beer before the ice melts, so I don't bother.
Spot on. What I was thinkin. :D :thumbup: Especially at the beach.
On my out of state trips we used dry ice to keep our turkeys. I couldn't give that kind of money for a yeti. Ice isn't that much. Just my opinion. Sorry bout your luck. :thumbup: I personally don't use coolers much so I can't justify the price for myself. I could understand though if you were on road a lot but I'd say it take quite sometime to pay for it buying ice. I see your point thought. Couple buddy's bought one and they swear by there's so I dunno.
Last edited by OLE RASPY on July 20th, 2015, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

I have Yeti coolers personally. Always had igloo until I was gifted a Yeti and while I do think they hold ice longer, the reason I stick with the rotomolded coolers is the toughness. I dropped a yeti off a 2500HD on 37s running 65 mph and it didn't tear it up. It didn't even spill the ice.

I realize that is an extreme case, but even day to day use I was constantly breaking the $50 coolers so a Yeti is a decent investment for me.
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

guesswho wrote:Your just not freezing your ice long enough. Five day trip equals ice that's been in the freezer for five days, six just to be safe.
:LMAO: :LMAO:
Pretty funny,....Ya' Doofus!
uvagobbler

Post by uvagobbler »

In my opinion it all depends on how frequent and how long you will use the cooler. I have a cheap Coleman that I use less than 10 times a year. I usually use it a day or two at a time. I really can't justify using a cooler longer than 2-3 days at a time. I work with a striper guide who is on Smith Mountain Lake almost every day and he has a Coleman extreme. It holds ice well and he doesn't see the need to purchase a yeti according to him. I went to Myrtle Beach on Dec. 26 and saw two people struggling carrying a Yeti onto the beach. They had a few beers and had a heck of a time carrying it back. Overkill in my mind. I think that any roto molded coolers are superior to what I have, hands down. It all depends on how much usage. That's where it it will shine vs a cheaper cooler. If I get a Yeti for Christmas, I definitely won't cry.
Coalman

Post by Coalman »

Shucks, I thought this was a Bigfoot thread.
Your eye in the northeast sky.
Coalman Blog http://www.coalmansblog.com
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Coalman wrote:Shucks, I thought this was a Bigfoot thread.
Your coolers are a much better value IMO...

BTW just bought one of your insta up 9x10 tents and it is pretty nice, sets up real easy and happy with it for the money.. Keep up the good products. :thumbup:
roughneck

Post by roughneck »

I have yeti 45 and pelican 65 and to me the pelican is a lot better and cheaper an better built
Gunslinger1

Post by Gunslinger1 »

CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

That's cool.....no Yeti here!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

You won't need a yeti in VA. :mrgreen: just put your beer in the snow bank. :lol:
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Yeti

Post by killerstump »

It's comin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampghost

Post by Swampghost »

So...anybody want to buy raffle tickets on one?
fallhnt

Post by fallhnt »

my YETI...
Attachments
20140713_143640.jpeg

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”