rain gear

A place to discuss Hunting equipment and other related products.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

rain gear

Post by Turkinator »

Anybody make raingear with turkey hunters in mind? Something that dont sweat you to death a.d had some pockets would be great
gobblegobblegobble

Re: rain gear

Post by gobblegobblegobble »

My rain gear is my house. :thumbup:
turkey_slayer

rain gear

Post by turkey_slayer »

Nope. If it's warm you might as well enjoy the rain. If it's chilly I wear cabelas space rain wear. Light and packable but you will get wet in a soaker or all day rain eventually. You have to spend big money for actual waterproof rain gear like what they use in Alaska but it would be to hot for here
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

I keep a set of Frog Togs in the truck all the time and if it is really pouring I sit in the truck and keep them company!

If it is a drizzle, I just go hunting like normal.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

That house r :LMAO: ain gear sounds good lol
K9Doc

Post by K9Doc »

DoubleBull Blind
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

rain gear

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

What's rain gear

On a serious note...I seen scent blocker makes a rain gear set that is in mossy oak obsession.

I just don't wear rain gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

I get soaked more from sweat with my rain gear.
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

If it keeps water out it will make you sweat.
Bigspurs68

Post by Bigspurs68 »

Rain gear is overrated unless it's cold. I haven't melted yet.
Momma said "kill that turkey"
Onpoint85

Post by Onpoint85 »

Kuiu chugach..pricey but very breathable
Magnumdood

Post by Magnumdood »

During warm weather I use Cabella's uninsulated MT050 Jacket & Bibs. If it's snowing or cold I use the insulated version of the Jacket & Bibs. It seems I get rained on more than not, and I dislike getting soaked. The MT050 keeps all but the most violent rain storms out. I can sit still as a rock and listen to the rain hit the hood and drip off the bill...the only downside - it puts me to sleep if there's no Gobbler action. On one occasion I'm fairly certain at least one if not two tornadoes went over our patch of the woods, above the trees, lightening was striking every 3 or 4 seconds...it was dangerous. We hiked out as quick as we could, the rain was blowing horizontal and the lightning strikes continued to hit at least 4 times every 10 seconds or so...I tried to time it. By the time we got back to the truck, after sitting in the storm for 10 minutes, and walking 15 minutes back to the truck, we were all completely soaked. I don't think ANY rain gear would have kept us dry in the deluge.
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

I have cabelas space rain as well, I can carry it in my vest on those days when it is on and off, great stuff!
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

councilxvb32 wrote:Motorcycles,Scooters and ATVs shop, megamotormadness
link removed
How bout I come to NY and kick your spammin ass.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Johndoe wrote:
councilxvb32 wrote:Motorcycles,Scooters and ATVs shop, megamotormadness
link removed
How bout I come to NY and kick your spammin ass.
Pick me up on your way through, and I can contribute with my stiff leg!! :LMAO: :LMAO:
Treerooster

Post by Treerooster »

I've worn the Cabelas Dry Plus rainwear for quite a few years and it has kept me dry for the most part.

I just picked up a Redhead "Stretch" rainwear at Bass Pro. Has 2 nice pockets in the jacket that zipper shut. Not sure how it does in warm weather though, supposed to be breathable but I bet you could sweat in it. It is a more light and packable type of rainwear than my Dry Plus. I can layer my clothes if it is really cold out. The jacket fits in a small pouch about 5 inch dia by 7 inch long and the pants in an even smaller pouch. I can throw the jacket or both in the back of my vest if rain is a possibility and still wear more quiet clothing if it isn't raining. All rainwear is somewhat noisy IME. I am anxious to see how it does in the rain but that may be awhile since I live in Colo.

A lot of my turkey hunting is done in cool weather so rain gear will help keep me out there on cool/cold wet days.

On May 20th in N Wis I killed a bird on a pretty cool morning, it wasn't raining but it still gets cold even in late May where I hunt. Got him at 6:15 and he still had a little frost on his tail at 6:45 when I took this picture.

crenshawco

Post by crenshawco »

Treerooster wrote:
On May 20th in N Wis I killed a bird on a pretty cool morning, it wasn't raining but it still gets cold even in late May where I hunt. Got him at 6:15 and he still had a little frost on his tail at 6:45 when I took this picture.

That's pretty cool there. Never done that before down here in AL.

Return to “Equipment/Product Reviews”