Turkey Scouting with Night Vision?

Turkey hunting tips & tricks that have worked & can help others.
Sloppy_Snood

Turkey Scouting with Night Vision?

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

Has anyone or does anyone scout turkeys using night vision equipment?

I am absolutely NOT advocating "cheating" roosted turkeys a fair game chance but I was curious if anyone used the night vision to observe only.
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
ole5beards

Re: Turkey Scouting with Night Vision?

Post by ole5beards »

I bet night vision wouldn't work as good as flir. That'd be cool to see some footage of rooster birds on a therm
Pass the biscuits!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

It sounds stupid, but I bet it would be effective as heck.. :lol:
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:It sounds stupid, but I bet it would be effective as heck.. :lol:
Well I thought if M.A.D.D. marketed night vision scouting equipment, they could offer to throw in an "Egg" so you could call'em in REAL close. :violent1: :lol: :lol:
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:lol:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

Sloppy_Snood wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote:It sounds stupid, but I bet it would be effective as heck.. :lol:
Well I thought if M.A.D.D. marketed night vision scouting equipment, they could offer to throw in an "Egg" so you could call'em in REAL close. :violent1: :lol: :lol:
How about last night they have a tree decoy to move around while archery hunting so ya have a mobile scrape????????????????? just about double soiled myself!!!I hope Matt Vancise and Yargus leave them soon :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Silent dog whistle :pukeright:
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

FWIW I use a flir thermal system often for hog hunting and have looked up at the trees with it wondering how it would work for that as well but the radiant heat from the sky totally messes up being able to see anything clearly on a limb. Regular gen3 night vision would probably work better in this case.
flir.jpg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

devastator wrote:
Sloppy_Snood wrote:
How about last night they have a tree decoy to move around while archery hunting so ya have a mobile scrape????????????????? just about double soiled myself!!!I hope Matt Vancise and Yargus leave them soon :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Silent dog whistle :pukeright:
:lol: Never heard of that.. But a big craze here as stupid as it may sound is using thick rope hung from a tree where a real licking branch does not exist.. I have seen more than enough trail cam photos with this setup to know it works..
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Man, you got it bad.

Return to “Hunt Strategies”